Oval chainrings specifically doval brand

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wouldyourather

by wouldyourather

Noticed these for cheap on a prominent auction site. I liked it on my MTB as it helped smooth out the pedal stroke when climbing.

Considering this for my road bike but my bcd is 130. The option is 5G/ULOFC with 2.4/3.5 ovality. This seems quite low and the chainring looks quite circular. I primarily want the ovailty for the 39T inner chainring so it can help me tackle tough climbs. But 3.5% doesn't seem like it will cut it or provide much difference from a standard circular chainring. Am I missing something here? I'll just opt for rotor w ring unless the doval has some trick to provide the benefits of their older higher ovality chainrings.

cajer

by cajer

I don't know what doval has been doing lately. They used to tout their higher ovality chain rings, mine are ~17% with a very pronuced dual oval shape. I like these allot. But recently they have swtiched to very low ovality.

They seem to have flip-flopped on that aspect of design leaving me quite confused.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ooo

by ooo

you can find older 39T and 40T doval 130 BCD chainrings with 12.1% and 13.5% ovality
'