Help me get some tubulars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

anlimdy22

by anlimdy22

Kayrehn wrote:The Vittoria Corsa G+ felt better at 100/110 than my Tufo S3 at 90/95. I don't really know how to explain it, it just has more give even at higher pressure.

that's weird, I'm using another clincher wheelset with vittoria corsa speed tubeless. at 80 front 100 psi rear i found Tufo elite S3 much more comfortable at 110/130. recently bought a pair corsa speed and conti competition tubular as a spare. will give feedback when using it near future.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

sungod

by sungod

anlimdy22 wrote:that's weird, I'm using another clincher wheelset with vittoria corsa speed tubeless. at 80 front 100 psi rear i found Tufo elite S3 much more comfortable at 110/130. recently bought a pair corsa speed and conti competition tubular as a spare. will give feedback when using it near future.
Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

i wouldn't rely on comparison with tubeless to assess the feel of tubular

fwiw i found the corsa g+ tubs 23/25mm front/rear had very good ride quality, actually better than veloflex carbon/arenberg, i could run them at c. 1 bar higher pressure and they still felt better, sidewalls were noticeably more supple

vs. veloflex, dry grip not quite as good but still fine, wet grip slightly better i think, real downfall was they cut very easily on wet roads, perhaps the tread pattern is catching sharp stuff more

after the wet roads killed the corsa g+ i put some conti comps on, felt like i was riding pieces of hose pipe! soon it'll be time to switch back to veloflex

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Geoff

by Geoff

The Vittoria Rally is an inexpensive 'training' tire and you get what you pay for.

Because we spend so much effort in preparing a tubular for riding, it makes no sense to save a buck on a tire. I am not saying that every tire needs to be a Dugast or FMB, but if you spend the effort, there should be a reward. For 'general purpose' use, I still like the Continental Competition. For our riding conditions (it is -20 and has been snowing all week here, so, when we can see the roads), they are extremely durable.