Which power meter: Sram Red + Stages or Quarq Dzero Sram

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Quarq v Stages

Quarq Dzero SRAM
91%
SRAM Red with Stages
9%

Total votes: 88

Shrike

by Shrike

Toss up between these two. The Quarq Dzero SRAM isn't available really at the moment (need a 165mm for the missus), but could maybe find a SRAM Red 165mm crankset and stick a new carbon Stages on it.

Quarq availability should be better in a about a month. Worth waiting? Stages works out more expensive I think.

https://www.powermeter24.com/uk/quarq-s ... AuoS8P8HAQ

https://www.powermeter24.com/uk/stages- ... AtgK8P8HAQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DartanianX

by DartanianX

No stages. Just don't do it to yourself.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I have a stages carbon on sram red which is replacing an s works quarq which i have lost faith in. Stages is much reliable with elevation change.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kulivontot

by kulivontot

NiFTY, can I ask some more details about the elevation accuracy issue? This is the first time I've heard of a shift due to change in altitude. Are you suggesting atmospheric pressure has an impact on the strain gauges?

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Don't plan on powermeter24 and their "availability" or lead times.

Have a real bad rep, and for good reason too.
Google timetrialling forum and powermeter24 and you'll see what i mean.

Heck i'll match their prices when i dont have them in stock either.
Official cafe stop tester

Shrike

by Shrike

Thanks guys, will wait it out then. Wasn't mega keen on the new STAGES CYCLING branding all over the crank arm anyway.

@jekyll thanks for the headsup on powermeter24 :x

NiFTY

by NiFTY

The elevation changes affect temperature which does have an effect on power meters as it affects the elasticiry modulus. That is why you see temperature compensation in so much power meter advertising. I sent mine in for the 10k temp calibration but still found it erratic. I am lucky and my left right balance is pretty symmetrical (according to the quarq) so the stages works for me.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

meanmachine

by meanmachine

hi ,
i purchased a QUARQ SramRed 22 on Powermeter24, such a very bad experience ¡¡¡¡
They said that they have stock, but is not real, they are a liars.
They only order the powermeter to their dealers once they got your money ¡¡¡ I had to wait more than 4 week after doing the payment to receive the parcel, one arm was scratched , like it is was not a new brand

The quark was a *f##k* shit, no real data at all (tested versus SRM) , also the bearing of my BB PF30 went off twice in 6 month due to the spacer on the drive side (BB30 ) ,,,,

go for a powert2max ¡¡¡¡¡

Shrike

by Shrike

Problem is that she likes the SRAM crankset looks. Guess it matches her eTap..

Sort of limits the power meter options :x

meanmachine

by meanmachine

@shrike i had a red grupset, 10v so i bought the red PM because the same reason, match the original Red cranks , it was a nightmare,
sold it in 8 months ¡¡¡

crux

by crux

I've the DZero installed since last weekend and until now it's the best PM I've ever owned. Looks fantastic, easy to install and flawless data.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Got a red quarq and the new D zero.. no contest on the stages.. one is a tool the other is a toy

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

sugarkane wrote:Got a red quarq and the new D zero.. no contest on the stages.. one is a tool the other is a toy

+1 Also, I have both the DZero and Red Quarq.

I have put away in a drawer (and removed the batteries!) my Powertap P1 pedals and 4iiii meters. I suspect I'll never use them again.

tilf

by tilf

JackRussellRacing wrote:
sugarkane wrote:Got a red quarq and the new D zero.. no contest on the stages.. one is a tool the other is a toy

+1 Also, I have both the DZero and Red Quarq.

I have put away in a drawer (and removed the batteries!) my Powertap P1 pedals and 4iiii meters. I suspect I'll never use them again.

Sell me the pedals for cheap :D

gtinut

by gtinut

looks like I will have to wait for this new toy. I wonder if new Quark is better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com