s works 6, pain only in right foot??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Allen254

by Allen254

nevermind,, *f##k* these shoes they are up for sale now. on eBay if you want the link let me know. brand new unused only tried on. red color 42.5.
Last edited by Allen254 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Most likely you have on foot slightly bigger than your other.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Allen254 wrote:nevermind,, *f##k* these shoes they are up for sale now. on eBay if you want the link let me know. brand new unused only tried on. red color 42.5.

Wait, you tried the shoes and made the judgement call to get rid of them without even breaking in?
Do you realize that shoes stretch over time?
Specialized makes 3 models. Narrow, regular and wide. Did you happen to try the regular model with your wide feet? Did you try to size up to size 43? I'm just throwing options out there before you say f##k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

Allen254

by Allen254

mpulsiv wrote:
Allen254 wrote:nevermind,, *f##k* these shoes they are up for sale now. on eBay if you want the link let me know. brand new unused only tried on. red color 42.5.

Wait, you tried the shoes and made the judgement call to get rid of them without even breaking in?
Specialized makes 3 models. Narrow, regular and wide. Did you happen to try the regular model with your wide feet? Did you try to size up to size 43? I'm just throwing options out there before you say f##k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah the left foot fits amazing very nice, but I figured it out on my right foot my tiny bone splits in half and the cuff sits right in between and it hurts man it really hurts. I don't think any amount of stretching would help. I love specialized shoes but these just do not fit my right foot unfortunately.

Only thing I feel I could do is cut a tiny piece off but why should I have to do that. Maybe some else will have better luck with them.

niklasp

by niklasp

My s-works xc shoes was a pain the last 4 rides. Now they are amazing. A bit like soccer shoes. You need to make them wet and warm so they change shape are your foot.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

No narrow sizes, at least here in AU. However, they do now offer Standard, Wide and 0.5 sizes.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

I have the exact same ussues. Vargas wedges helped.
Using Tapatalk

GothicCastle

by GothicCastle

mpulsiv wrote:Wait, you tried the shoes and made the judgement call to get rid of them without even breaking in?

Synthetics don't really stretch.

kode54

by kode54

actually, i had one side that was tight in specific areas...but after 300-500 miles on them...they started to feel a lot better and maybe they 'broke' in and formed around my feet? now, i can tighten the Boa on both without issues and they both feel similar in fit.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

evan326

by evan326

I wish you had bigger feet. Each time I see these on a good deal, they're too small :(
I'm wanting some of these.

em3

by em3

...I found the super thin carbon sole on the S-Works 6 shoes require VERY short cleat screws (in my case 6mm using time RXS cleats)....r u sure that the pain wasn't caused by one of the cleat screws poking through the insole? EM3

Allen254

by Allen254

I hope I don't regret selling them why did they make the cuff like that wtf were they thinking , specialized saying "let's make a little higher so it hits the bone of some but not others" :noidea:

metalplease

by metalplease

Hi Allen254, yeah...a rule of thumb is...When one foot, (or knee, or wrist) hurts - it's your body. When both hurt - it's your bike.
I think you did right to ditch the shoes...sometimes you can injure yourself slowly over time by forcing stuff to fit (I know, I've done it!)

Allen254

by Allen254

metalplease wrote:Hi Allen254, yeah...a rule of thumb is...When one foot, (or knee, or wrist) hurts - it's your body. When both hurt - it's your bike.
I think you did right to ditch the shoes...sometimes you can injure yourself slowly over time by forcing stuff to fit (I know, I've done it!)

It's sucks that the left feels good but not the right lame but oh well what can I do. I wish they hadn't raise it so much at the cuff.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

em3 wrote:...I found the super thin carbon sole on the S-Works 6 shoes require VERY short cleat screws (in my case 6mm using time RXS cleats)....r u sure that the pain wasn't caused by one of the cleat screws poking through the insole? EM3

Hence why Spec supply cleat bolts with the shoes. Should be used regardless.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com