Middle threaded hole for Sidi Shoes?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Cheers!

by Cheers!

Hi everyone,

Can anyone advise on what this threaded hole is for in my new pair of Sidi Shots? I don't recall seeing this particular hole in my old pair of Ergo2s.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Its for some (all?) Look cleats with a detacheable middle keying piece for replicating cleat position when replacing cleats.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sleepless

by Sleepless

It's for "Look position memory".

The” position memory” LOOK patent easily allows the adjustment of your cleats when you need to change them. In order to use this system, the sole of your shoes must have a central oblong where the memory position part will be screwed.

Cheers!

by Cheers!

Thanks everyone!

Do you guys and gals use this feature? Previously I just took a silver sharpie (marker) to draw an outline of the cleat before unbolting it.

eric01

by eric01

IMHO, sharpie better. I don't ride look anymore but tried this out a couple years back. Maybe I was doing it wrong, but the key piece would shift a little bit when uninstalling cleat.

Initially I didn't want to take a sharpie to my expensive shoes, but I realized the soles were beat up anyhow...
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

mr4fox

by mr4fox

I've never figured out how to use position memory. I've always used look cleats on sidis but I don't get what's meant to screw into that fourth threaded hole.
Can anyone enlighten me/us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

You use the 2 bolts supplied with Sidi shoes. When you remove the 3 bolts from the old cleat, the memory pad stays in position. Remove the memory pad from the new cleat first and then fit the new cleat over the old pad which aligns it on the sole.

mr4fox

by mr4fox

I see. Didn't realize the shoes came with a pair of bolts... it's been a while. Thanks for the tip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

I use both Sharpie and memory pad.

dj97223

by dj97223

If you don't use the Look memory thingy, that "middle nut" may slide back and forth freely in the slot, which is a bit of an irritating sound. I've fixed that problem by inserting a small piece of brake casing in the slot.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

audiojan

by audiojan

dj97223 wrote:If you don't use the Look memory thingy, that "middle nut" may slide back and forth freely in the slot, which is a bit of an irritating sound. I've fixed that problem by inserting a small piece of brake casing in the slot.

... or a dap of superglue if you know you're never going to use it. That's what I've done my shoes and my wifes shoes. Both use Speedplay and I can't see us ever going to anything else...
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

duvivr6

by duvivr6

Never have used this and also had no idea what is was... My fiziks have it aswell and it moves around making noise.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com