Lightweight Trackframeset suggestions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Lighter alloy road frame with horizontal dropouts grafted in?
Using Tapatalk

mattr

by mattr

wingguy wrote:Unless it ends up weighing more than a decent geared bike because the frame's so chunky.
Good point, but unlikely. Track hub on the back, one brake, no shifters, no mechs, cut down bars, no cassette and so on. If it was a 2+ kilo frame you might have a point.

The other thing is cost. All that superlight kit to build a superlight geared bike is superexpensive. Not what you want for a dozen sub 2 mile races a year.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

This thread and the transcontinental on a Colnago Master one have left me confused about life and stuff

JLS

by JLS

Zakalwe wrote:This thread and the transcontinental on a Colnago Master one have left me confused about life and stuff

Yer i came in with high hopes but i think i may just tune the hell out of my Cervelo R2 instead :)

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

JLS wrote:
Zakalwe wrote:This thread and the transcontinental on a Colnago Master one have left me confused about life and stuff

Yer i came in with high hopes but i think i may just tune the hell out of my Cervelo R2 instead :)

Most track frames are aluminum and steel. Strike through "lightweight" out of your equation. Sure, there are high end Argon 18 track frames but "lightweight" is not the keyword.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder