I purchased Dura-Ace C40 Clincher (WH9100-CL) but my C40s rims are same as C35 ??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

xcfred

by xcfred

Any news on this? As someone who bought a 9000 C50 wheelset with a purported weight of 1672 grams, only to find out it actually weighs in at over 1800, I am officially anti-Shimano. How can they get away with such blatant false advertising?

Vermu

by Vermu

xcfred wrote:Any news on this? As someone who bought a 9000 C50 wheelset with a purported weight of 1672 grams, only to find out it actually weighs in at over 1800, I am officially anti-Shimano. How can they get away with such blatant false advertising?
Add that to problems with previous DA.
I've swapped the camp.
Apparently being biggest oem seller gives privilidges...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Poseur

by Poseur

hatcha23 wrote:Shimano EU website also updated C40 spec sheet without notice.
I think they want to sell C40 with C35 rim diameter.
omg...

Whatever they want to call it, still a decent wheelset.
Last edited by Poseur on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silvercivic27

by silvercivic27

Decent is a good way to describe them...are they exceptional or special in any way? Nope. Kind of like the Mazda 3.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Vermu wrote:
xcfred wrote:Any news on this? As someone who bought a 9000 C50 wheelset with a purported weight of 1672 grams, only to find out it actually weighs in at over 1800, I am officially anti-Shimano. How can they get away with such blatant false advertising?
Add that to problems with previous DA.
I've swapped the camp.
Apparently being biggest oem seller gives privilidges...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

thats worse than mavic! wow! at least mavic is updating the listed weights for the cosmics for 2018.

Poseur

by Poseur

Despite all the negative press on the specs for the clincher and the criticism that the C40 should still be a C35, they are a great high quality wheel-set with aluminum braking and carbon lightness, just as the C35's, with some additional design enhancement in the rear hub. I love mine, and the with the prices coming down, you can snag a set for under $1100 if you shop around. I have no regrets with mine.

Poseur

by Poseur

silvercivic27 wrote:Decent is a good way to describe them...are they exceptional or special in any way? Nope. Kind of like the Mazda 3.

I find my Mazda 3 exceptionally better than the POS benz I replaced.

cpamplin

by cpamplin

Anyone know if I can rebuild 9000-C35 hubs with R9100-C40 replacement rims? I've worn out the brake tracks on my C35s and replacement rims seem to be unavailable except through Shimano. If I'm going to pay MSRP it would be nice to use the updated (but otherwise identical - ??) C40 rims. Shimano's interchangeability chart doesn't say but the WH-R9100-C40-CL and WH-9000-C35-CL rims have the same spoke count, same rim depth, same spoke lengths, etc... even the spoke and nipple part #'s are the same.

MoreThanWheels

by MoreThanWheels

If the ERD (effective rim diameter) is the same, the straight rim swap is possible. Any half decent wheelbuilder could confirm this for you for both rims to measure.