Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:14 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:16 pm 

Would appreciate some advice on the compatibility of the current Quarq Dzero GXP carbon crank powermeter with Campagnolo Ch, R or SR drivetrain.

Campag chainline is documented as 43.5mm while for the Quarq sources indicate 45mm. Does this imply that chainrings on the Quarq will be pushed 1.5mm outward compared to Campag?

Is this something that could cause issues depending on the frame and chainstay length? I am having in mind a combination of Campa mechanical non-disc with Quarq+Praxis rings on a frame with 409mm chainstay.

Thanks for your attention

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:16 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:56 pm 

I've been running the previous quarq sram red 10 speed power meter on campagnolo 11 speed for nearly 5 years and the only issue slightly was front changing onto the big ring wasn't as smooth and occasionally dropping it onto the small ring it would drop straight off but a chain catcher solved that one. Otherwise it's never caused me a problem and I swap it in between my winter bike and indoor training bike. If you haven't bought the dzero yet then I would try to go Campag chainrings so you'd be limited to power2max or used SRM but I have the NG version and it's been fantastic and I would say worth the extra over the Quarq. I've also bought a Campag stages that I'm using but I'm undecided on that as the battery is lasting less than 10 hours before needing to be replaced so I'll be contacting Stages about that one. Even though that's less than half the price of a P2M.