Bontrager Aeolus 3 Disc Bearing Replacement

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

flick10

by flick10

Hi,

I have recently had to replace the front wheels bearings on a hub with Circa 3000 miles on it

The RH bearing failed after a 20 min ride in torrential rain

1. Take hub apart - remove spacers, these did not want to come off, resorted to an internal bearing puller and drawhammer, common issue, you get a slight corrosion on the axel which effectively 'glues' the cap to the axel.

2. dismantle the rest of the hub push the axel out with a press, it will come out with 1 bearing attached, press out the other bearing

3. Bearing size is not that standard, it is 18 / 30 / 7 (note previous forum stated a different size, prob non disc wheel)

4. Clean up the ends of the axel - get the corrosion off

5. Reassemble: Press 1 bearing into the hub, press the other bearing on the the axel and then press the axel / bearing assembly into the hub use plenty of grease. then pop the spacers back on

Note the axel has a disc side and a non disc side

Pretty straight forward

:)

Dronfield

by Dronfield

Is anyone able to advise the cartridge bearing size for an Aeolus Pro 3 Disc rear wheel?

I had these changed recently at my LBS and can see 6902 RS are fitted, however there is some play in the hub.

Searching on google would seem to suggest that 6903 RS are required and I'm trying to establish if my LBS has fitted the wrong size.

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lukaszzsch

by lukaszzsch

15x28x7 - 6902

Dronfield

by Dronfield

lukaszzsch wrote:15x28x7 - 6902
Thank you, appreciate it.