Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:16 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 966 posts ]  Go to page Previous 139 40 41 42 4365 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:50 pm
Posts: 40
Arnoud wrote:
Image

Pictures made last weekend. Not so impressed by it.


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk



Had high hopes for this color but from these pictures I'm not a fan.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:30 pm
Posts: 598
Looks like either Sagan or Black then. Other colors not as good looking as I hope.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:39 am 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:11 pm
Posts: 1194
Arnoud wrote:
Image


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk


thats so 90s... I'll pass.. Black or Superstar Sagan is the only way to go.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 1098
Looks a little bit like the Klein bikes in the 90s indeed


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:43 pm
Posts: 86
Location: Soure
MhhhhImage


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:50 pm
Posts: 40
ichobi wrote:
Looks like either Sagan or Black then. Other colors not as good looking as I hope.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



I would consider the girls matte black with hot pink lettering bike even.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:19 am
Posts: 61
Yes and the good thing is with rider first engineering the geometry is the same for all. Just different colorways.

Pschnei3 wrote:
ichobi wrote:
Looks like either Sagan or Black then. Other colors not as good looking as I hope.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



I would consider the girls matte black with hot pink lettering bike even.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:01 pm
Posts: 72
TobinHatesYou wrote:
I like the security zip ties.



_________________
http://www.cyclemania-c.com


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:42 am
Posts: 51
Pschnei3 wrote:

I would consider the girls matte black with hot pink lettering bike even.


so would I but they don't make it in a 58 :(


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:39 pm
Posts: 678
I like this custom color way, owned Chris You, from Specialized.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXbGHXPHch5/?taken-by=chrisyuinc

_________________
2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador
http://www.Crankaddicts.cc
http://www.skratchlabs.com
2015 Specialized S-Works Allez
2015 Specialized Venge Pro


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 265
It's funny to me how one of the lead guys in aero at Specialized more or less dismisses the Venge in all social media posts and interview since the release of the new Tarmac.

Just curious if they're finally working on a light aero frameset, shave some weight off the ViAS already! :(


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:47 pm
Posts: 149
L3X wrote:
It's funny to me how one of the lead guys in aero at Specialized more or less dismisses the Venge in all social media posts and interview since the release of the new Tarmac.

Just curious if they're finally working on a light aero frameset, shave some weight off the ViAS already! :(

If it's true that the new Tarmac is about as aero as the old Venge, I see no reason for a model in between the Venge Vias and the Tarmac. For an aero all-rounder, put some deep wheels and a set of narrow aero bars on the Tarmac. If climbing is pretty much never on the menu for you and aero is really everything for you and you want the very last marginal gain in terms of that, go with the Venge (if you can live with the looks of it...).


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:39 pm
Posts: 678
Lieblingsleguan wrote:
L3X wrote:
It's funny to me how one of the lead guys in aero at Specialized more or less dismisses the Venge in all social media posts and interview since the release of the new Tarmac.

Just curious if they're finally working on a light aero frameset, shave some weight off the ViAS already! :(

If it's true that the new Tarmac is about as aero as the old Venge, I see no reason for a model in between the Venge Vias and the Tarmac. For an aero all-rounder, put some deep wheels and a set of narrow aero bars on the Tarmac. If climbing is pretty much never on the menu for you and aero is really everything for you and you want the very last marginal gain in terms of that, go with the Venge (if you can live with the looks of it...).


Totally agree.... I own a 1st gen. Venge and love it. I feel it is a great all-around bike and I ride it as such. I'm sure the Tarmac is probably a little more compliant and comfortable and perhaps stiffer on out of the saddle efforts when going uphill, but I find the Venge does all of these things just fine as well and I'm not giving ups ton of weight. As my bike sits, it weighs 15.7 pounds, not super light, but not really heavy and its been built with parts that will always last. The new Tarmac looks awesome to me. I'll definitely be paying closer attention to it in the next year or so.

_________________
2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador
http://www.Crankaddicts.cc
http://www.skratchlabs.com
2015 Specialized S-Works Allez
2015 Specialized Venge Pro


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:07 pm
Posts: 118
liam7020 wrote:
morganb wrote:
I like the looks of it, its a bit more modern if a tad generic. The lack of 0 offset seatpost on the other hand is bewildering. They don't even have one available on the dealer end so if you have short femurs the bike is not usable as it stands.


Yeah, neither the 25mm nor the 0mm really suit me so the fact you can't change the seatpost on the new frame makes it a non starter.


Is this true. Been looking at the new Tarmac online and I need a 0 degree post.

When I tried the BMC Teammachine SLR01 Disc they told me that a 0 degree seatpost was not a problem. They had one.

If Sepcialzed don´t have this then it´s a bummer.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:41 pm 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:25 pm
Posts: 32
I was told by Specialized dealer (who called Spec) that a 0 offset post will be available in Oct/Nov


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 966 posts ]  Go to page Previous 139 40 41 42 4365 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

TonyM

33

7165

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:38 pm

TonyM View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Help with 2018 Specialized S-Works Roubaix build

in Road

Vandit

5

868

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:50 pm

Vandit View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2018 S-Works Tarmac Sizing 49cm Vs 52cm

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

pesto13

22

1599

Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:17 pm

oraclesin View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2018 Madone 9.0

in Road

nycjwi

7

1717

Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:01 am

TobinHatesYou View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2018 Fuji SL

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

Roni1

32

6455

Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:44 pm

Hamfist View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], glepore, Google [Bot], Jere and 43 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited