S-Works SL 2018

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Jian81

by Jian81

hypercycler wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:40 am
Just picked up my S Works UL complete bike. I had my LBS to change the wheels to CLX50 for me. Out of the box at 6.25kg for a size 56 and 6.48kg with K Edge XL Garmin mount, a pair of cages and Speedplay pedals. It’s my first Di2 bike hope I’ll like it. :)
Grats! I just picked up mine too! But its the regular S-works Chameleon green.

6.84kg
Sram Red Etap(first time etap, cant go back mechanical anymore LOL)
Dura Ace DM brakes
Quarq D zero power meter(adds a ton of weight, nearly 200g penalty from a regular Sram Red BB30 crankset)
Praxxis Chainrings
Ridea Oversized Ceramic Pulley (18/18t)
Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon SLC (heavy ass wheels, 100g more than advertised)
Continental Supersonic Innertubes
LifeLine titanium skewers(Hands down one of the best and cheapest upgrades for huge weight savings)
Zipp SL stem and Aero bars
Fizik Antares
Speedplay pedals with aftermarket Titanium spindles
Enve Carbon Bottlecages

Frame: 870g sz 56
The frame is absolutely stunning when seen in person. Pictures dont do it justice as you cant see the colour transition from Green to Purple. Will be posting a full build post as well. Stay tune! =)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TurboTommy

by TurboTommy

Anyone got pictures of the 61cm version?

Ghost234

by Ghost234

Jian81 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:58 am
hypercycler wrote:
Just picked up my S Works UL complete bike. I had my LBS to change the wheels to CLX50 for me. Out of the box at 6.25kg for a size 56 and 6.48kg with K Edge XL Garmin mount, a pair of cages and Speedplay pedals. It’s my first Di2 bike hope I’ll like it. :)

6.84kg
Dura Ace DM brakes
Quarq D zero power meter(adds a ton of weight, nearly 200g penalty from a regular Sram Red BB30 crankset)
Praxxis Chainrings
LifeLine titanium skewers(Hands down one of the best and cheapest upgrades for huge weight savings)
Fizik Antares
Enve Carbon Bottlecages

The frame is absolutely stunning when seen in person. Pictures dont do it justice as you cant see the colour transition from Green to Purple. Will be posting a full build post as well. Stay tune! =)

That seems high for the Quarq. I recently bought the S works spider Quarq and replaced the carbon spider on the crankset. A weight penalty of just under 100g.

Slack

by Slack

7.08kg with pedals and the heavy as s**t saddle in a 61cm
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 16.52.06.jpeg

AW84

by AW84

Picked up my Pro last week. 15.9 lbs., fully-stock 56cm without bottle cages or Garmin mount. I'd wager the CL50's are in the 1550-1600gr grange, and the stock saddle is relatively heavy. Down to 15.7 just swapping the saddle out with a carbon rail.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

liam7020 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:37 pm
Anybody know if it's possible to use Campag EPS on the SL6 frameset without modification. I'm pretty sure that the electronic ports on the previous Tarmac models were too narrow for the EPS connectors and was just wondering if this is still the case with the new SL6? Ta.
They revealed the SL6 to me and select other Specialized employees at SBCU Symposium last March, and the bike they displayed to us was built with Campy EPS if I remember correctly. So I would assume it is no problem. I can ask a member of the product team and get back to you.

liam7020

by liam7020

That would excellent - I appreciate your help!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Jian81

by Jian81

Ghost234 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:58 pm
Jian81 wrote:
hypercycler wrote:

6.84kg
Dura Ace DM brakes
Praxxis Chainrings
Fizik Antares
Enve Carbon Bottlecages

That seems high for the Quarq. I recently bought the S works spider Quarq and replaced the carbon spider on the crankset. A weight penalty of just under 100g.
My crankset is the Sram Red BB386 version with a longer spindle. That alone accounts for quite a significant additional weight as compared to the shorter regular bb30 crannkset. The right crank weighs 426g(with removeable alloy Quarq Ready spider) + left crank 258g. Quarq spider alone weighs 122g. However, i didnt manage to weigh the removable Quarq ready spider on its own that came with my crankset. I purchased the Quarq Spider separately and swapped it out.

morganb

by morganb

AW84 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:40 pm
Picked up my Pro last week. 15.9 lbs., fully-stock 56cm without bottle cages or Garmin mount. I'd wager the CL50's are in the 1550-1600gr grange, and the stock saddle is relatively heavy. Down to 15.7 just swapping the saddle out with a carbon rail.
Which color did you pick? Please post pics if you get the chance, I haven't seen any photos for the black/red outside of the Specialized stock photos and only road.cc review photos of the chameleon.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

A crank related question: about to pull the trigger on a SL6 and was thinking about putting my Sisl2 crank on it. Any reason why it won’t work? Dealer didn’t seem to think it would be an issue but, personally, I have never worked on the specialized BB standard (albeit think it is effectively BB30).

Sisl2 Crank comes suitable for bb30 and bb30a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morganb

by morganb

Beancouter wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:32 pm
A crank related question: about to pull the trigger on a SL6 and was thinking about putting my Sisl2 crank on it. Any reason why it won’t work? Dealer didn’t seem to think it would be an issue but, personally, I have never worked on the specialized BB standard (albeit think it is effectively BB30).

Sisl2 Crank comes suitable for bb30 and bb30a

I ran an SISL2 in my SL5 with no issues. I don't think the shell dimensions have changed at all since then.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Excellent - thanks

Co0kieMonster

by Co0kieMonster

Jian81 wrote:
hypercycler wrote:

6.84kg
Dura Ace DM brakes
Praxxis Chainrings
Fizik Antares
Enve Carbon Bottlecages

Looking forward for your pics and your parts list :thumbup: . Ordered the SL6 in chameleon green in 54 and still waiting for the frame

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

I forgot one of my co-workers has already installed EPS on his bike. He said it installed no problem, and without modification.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liam7020

by liam7020

That's excellent info Prof! Many thanks for your help. Appreciated.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen