Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:22 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 967 posts ]  Go to page Previous 159 60 61 62 6365 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:12 pm
Posts: 30
Just got word from my LBS that my SL6 ee brakes that were supposed to be here are still backordered to mid December. However he did tell me they are throwing in some new super light headset bearings and top cap as a promo


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:06 pm 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:37 pm
Posts: 98
I’ve just finished the bright silver, 56cm, 9150 with Ultegra pedals, clx32, specialized crank + quarq pm, arundel cages, ritchey neo classic alloy bars. 6.48kg with cages and pedals.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:30 pm
Posts: 598
What wheels are you on?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:56 pm
Posts: 17
zappafile123 wrote:
I kinda hope they dont go down the weight-weenie route. For whats on the market so far, it seems that If you push too hard to get real frame weight into the low-mid 700s, something ends up getting compromised whether it be stiffness, handling or comfort. Personally I like Canyon/Cervelo's direction - make a true all-rounder i.e. fairly light, comfortable, stiff and a little aero. Obviously the Tarmac at present isnt very comfortable, light or aero (thats not to say its bad, its a very good frame). So there's plenty of scope for improvement.

I'd like to see some aero touches like a new cockpit, and slightly modified tube shapes - save us 10 watts or something. At the moment, the stiffness and responsiveness are very good, so keep that the same. Shave 100g off the frame (which is ~1000g as far as I've seen). Get rid of the OSBB platform and use something like BB86 or BB386. Finally make a flexy seatpost/post clamp design like Canyon. Do all that and it'll be amazing. I've just described the Canyon ultimate... woops


This is rather bizarre? The S-Works Tarmac (2016 - never was named the SL5), is extremely comfortable and light. My 54 cm bare frame weighs 870g. Not sure what peeps are talking about when it comes to this frame not being light. Stupid stiff and comfortable (at least to me).


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:56 pm
Posts: 17
ergott wrote:
The current Tarmac already clears large tires. The rear brake pads are close to the bottom of the slots. My 25mm tires are a little over 27mm on wide rims and there's room for more.

If you need more tire you are on the wrong bike.


100% AGREE!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:30 pm
Posts: 313
matty1000 wrote:
ergott wrote:
The current Tarmac already clears large tires. The rear brake pads are close to the bottom of the slots. My 25mm tires are a little over 27mm on wide rims and there's room for more.

If you need more tire you are on the wrong bike.


100% AGREE!

I have tires measuring actual 31mm on mine ("SL5") with still good clearance at the chainstays. I couldn't go any bigger because of the brakes but it makes the bike super versatile..


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:12 pm
Posts: 30
morganb wrote:
matty1000 wrote:
ergott wrote:
The current Tarmac already clears large tires. The rear brake pads are close to the bottom of the slots. My 25mm tires are a little over 27mm on wide rims and there's room for more.

If you need more tire you are on the wrong bike.


100% AGREE!

I have tires measuring actual 31mm on mine ("SL5") with still good clearance at the chainstays. I couldn't go any bigger because of the brakes but it makes the bike super versatile..


Wow I disagree I tried S-Works turbo 28 (the roads around here are very rough especially in winter) on my 2016 s-works SL5 with zipp 404’s and both front and rear rubbed at the top of the fork and where the brake bolts on the seat stays. They seemed ok on the stand but under load they rubbed. I also tried 28 conti 4000 which from what I gather actually measure 31-32 and they rubbed on the stand. The 28 turbos have plenty of clearance on my SL6 UL which I’ll run as my winter tires and switch back to 26 turbo cottons for summer.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:30 pm
Posts: 313
mbdurham17 wrote:
morganb wrote:
matty1000 wrote:
ergott wrote:
The current Tarmac already clears large tires. The rear brake pads are close to the bottom of the slots. My 25mm tires are a little over 27mm on wide rims and there's room for more.

If you need more tire you are on the wrong bike.


100% AGREE!

I have tires measuring actual 31mm on mine ("SL5") with still good clearance at the chainstays. I couldn't go any bigger because of the brakes but it makes the bike super versatile..


Wow I disagree I tried S-Works turbo 28 (the roads around here are very rough especially in winter) on my 2016 s-works SL5 with zipp 404’s and both front and rear rubbed at the top of the fork and where the brake bolts on the seat stays. They seemed ok on the stand but under load they rubbed. I also tried 28 conti 4000 which from what I gather actually measure 31-32 and they rubbed on the stand. The 28 turbos have plenty of clearance on my SL6 UL which I’ll run as my winter tires and switch back to 26 turbo cottons for summer.

Maybe its because I'm on wide rims, 28mm Open Corsas on Quills (21mm internal) fit fine.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:50 pm
Posts: 40
orange wrote:
rsantos450 wrote:
Advice here, i have a good deal in a sram powermeter, but is GXP, buy a pressfit for this frame, does it work well?
t


haven't used one personally but I've heard good things about the Wheels Manufacturing ones



I have a new kogel bb30 to gxp, pm if you are interested.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:56 pm
Posts: 17
ichobi wrote:
What wheels are you on?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


He stated clx32’s... referencing the roval carbon wheels.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:40 pm
Posts: 588
Slack wrote:
I’ve just finished the bright silver, 56cm, 9150 with Ultegra pedals, clx32, specialized crank + quarq pm, arundel cages, ritchey neo classic alloy bars. 6.48kg with cages and pedals.


Are the clx32s tubulars or clinchers?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:37 pm
Posts: 98
nemeseri wrote:
Slack wrote:
I’ve just finished the bright silver, 56cm, 9150 with Ultegra pedals, clx32, specialized crank + quarq pm, arundel cages, ritchey neo classic alloy bars. 6.48kg with cages and pedals.


Are the clx32s tubulars or clinchers?


Clinchers, as far as I know you can't get them in tubular can you?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:56 pm
Posts: 17
Slack wrote:
nemeseri wrote:
Slack wrote:
I’ve just finished the bright silver, 56cm, 9150 with Ultegra pedals, clx32, specialized crank + quarq pm, arundel cages, ritchey neo classic alloy bars. 6.48kg with cages and pedals.


Are the clx32s tubulars or clinchers?


Clinchers, as far as I know you can't get them in tubular can you?


Yeah, you can.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:37 pm
Posts: 98
Slack wrote:
nemeseri wrote:
Slack wrote:
I’ve just finished the bright silver, 56cm, 9150 with Ultegra pedals, clx32, specialized crank + quarq pm, arundel cages, ritchey neo classic alloy bars. 6.48kg with cages and pedals.


Are the clx32s tubulars or clinchers?


Clinchers, as far as I know you can't get them in tubular can you?


I've just seen that you can, not in the U.K. though.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:44 pm 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:12 pm
Posts: 30
tarmac sl6... so cool, i have sl5.. but i want to change it


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 967 posts ]  Go to page Previous 159 60 61 62 6365 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

TonyM

38

7767

Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:51 pm

Feddesman View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Help with 2018 Specialized S-Works Roubaix build

in Road

Vandit

5

879

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:50 pm

Vandit View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2018 S-Works Tarmac Sizing 49cm Vs 52cm

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

pesto13

22

1612

Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:17 pm

oraclesin View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2018 Fuji SL

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

Roni1

32

6464

Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:44 pm

Hamfist View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2018 Emonda SLR vs SL

in Road

ClydesdaleChris

9

1814

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:28 am

ClydesdaleChris View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], joe1234, kookie and 38 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited