S-Works SL 2018

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mbdurham17

by mbdurham17

53x12 wrote:^ You can order them yourself for $283 as well.

http://www.jensonusa.com/Cane-Creek-Ee- ... s?cs=Black

Cool thank you

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

mbdurham17 wrote:Went by my LBS this morning and he called specialized to check on the status of my frame. The good news is I am number 18 in line so no worry about not getting one of the first ones but the ship date is still the end of October. Also he can order the ee for $283 each (fronts) and have them in 2 weeks. Now looks like I need to make sure the adapter mentioned is included with the frame since mine is 54 or if it's something I need to purchase seperatley from specialized or cane creek. Thanks all for the info

I heard the initial allotment for the US was 80 bikes, 500 worldwide, but I really doubt they'll stick to that. They just want to drum up hype. Maybe reintroduce a different colored Ultralight a couple months later as another limited run...
Last edited by TobinHatesYou on Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mbdurham17

by mbdurham17

TobinHatesYou wrote:
I heard the initial allotment for the US was 80 bikes, 500 worldwide, but I really doubt they'll stick to that. They just want to drum up hype. Maybe reintroduce a different colored Ultralight a couple months ago as another limited run...

That's what they told my LBS as well. I believe he said they were supposed to be receiving 50 the end of October.

ollie3856

by ollie3856

pyrahna wrote:
polzag10 wrote:Image

Can I install the rear eebrake direct mount on the rear at the seat stay of sworks tarmac sl6? Because I saw the photo of ultralight ver., they install two front eebrake on front and rear.

I just wanted to clarify this after seeing 2 Ultralights in the flesh on Friday. The 56 I saw had the carbon bridge you see in pictures and had the EE brakes directly mounted to the seat stays. The 54 had an aluminum adapter that spaced and angled the brakes away for the seat stays. This doesn't look as bad as it sounds, but it is not as svelte as the carbon bridge that has been posted in pictures. This would probably mean that if you rode a 54 or smaller you would need to buy this adapter piece from specialized if you wanted to run EE brakes.

FYI I got this email from Cane Creek:

'we have a Specialized specific pair of calipers for the new Tarmac, and essentially they are two DM front calipers that do not come with washers behind the brake shoes- to provide wider rim width clearance- and the caliper that goes on the rear of the frame has a specific- shorter- link that was designed to not contact the seat tube.'

KWalker

by KWalker

Specialized will stick to that. I can't remember a single year that they haven't had supply issues on limited models and popular sizes.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

chrisbint

by chrisbint

Picked up my ultralight today in 54. 6.20kg including pedals. :)

polzag10

by polzag10

chrisbint wrote:Picked up my ultralight today in 54. 6.20kg including pedals. :)

The 54 frame has carbon bridge at rear?

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

KWalker wrote:Specialized will stick to that. I can't remember a single year that they haven't had supply issues on limited models and popular sizes.

This^

chrisbint

by chrisbint

polzag10 wrote:
chrisbint wrote:Picked up my ultralight today in 54. 6.20kg including pedals. :)

The 54 frame has carbon bridge at rear?

Yes it does.

morganb

by morganb

ollie3856 wrote:
pyrahna wrote:

Can I install the rear eebrake direct mount on the rear at the seat stay of sworks tarmac sl6? Because I saw the photo of ultralight ver., they install two front eebrake on front and rear.

I just wanted to clarify this after seeing 2 Ultralights in the flesh on Friday. The 56 I saw had the carbon bridge you see in pictures and had the EE brakes directly mounted to the seat stays. The 54 had an aluminum adapter that spaced and angled the brakes away for the seat stays. This doesn't look as bad as it sounds, but it is not as svelte as the carbon bridge that has been posted in pictures. This would probably mean that if you rode a 54 or smaller you would need to buy this adapter piece from specialized if you wanted to run EE brakes.

'we have a Specialized specific pair of calipers for the new Tarmac, and essentially they are two DM front calipers that do not come with washers behind the brake shoes- to provide wider rim width clearance- and the caliper that goes on the rear of the frame has a specific- shorter- link that was designed to not contact the seat tube.'

Huge bummer, that means if you buy a non UL you are going to have to modify your brakes to run on a regular Tarmac.

ollie3856

by ollie3856

morganb wrote:
ollie3856 wrote:
pyrahna wrote:

Huge bummer, that means if you buy a non UL you are going to have to modify your brakes to run on a regular Tarmac.

Huh? It means if you want to run eebrakes on the new tarmac you need to get one of the brakes with the shorter link direct from them.

morganb

by morganb

ollie3856 wrote:
morganb wrote:
ollie3856 wrote:
pyrahna wrote:

Huh? It means if you want to run eebrakes on the new tarmac you need to get one of the brakes with the shorter link direct from them.

I have my doubts this is anything but an OEM only set up.

ollie3856

by ollie3856

morganb wrote:
ollie3856 wrote:
morganb wrote:
ollie3856 wrote:

I have my doubts this is anything but an OEM only set up.

You can buy them direct from cane creek, or you can run shimano DM brakes (with basically any group)

audioblazer

by audioblazer

Has anybody measure the weight of the frame ? Was at my local bike shop & there was a Sagan version size 52 & it weighed more than 900 g instead of the quoted 700+ g . Maybe it's 700+ excluding paint work & ceramic speed bottom bracket ?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

audioblazer wrote:Has anybody measure the weight of the frame ? Was at my local bike shop & there was a Sagan version size 52 & it weighed more than 900 g instead of the quoted 700+ g . Maybe it's 700+ excluding paint work & ceramic speed bottom bracket ?

Yes, the 733g figure is only for the Ultralight. The Superstar Sagan frame weighs in the high 800s without the BB bearings.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com