S-Works SL 2018

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ichobi

by ichobi

Anybody got a chance to spend their time with their SL6 yet? Hoping to get myself a Sagan's colorway. Would like to know how it rides!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

flafonta

by flafonta

ichobi wrote:Anybody got a chance to spend their time with their SL6 yet? Hoping to get myself a Sagan's colorway. Would like to know how it rides!

Maiden ride today on mine, in Sagan's color! I'll report later.

HaroldC

by HaroldC

ichobi wrote:Anybody got a chance to spend their time with their SL6 yet? Hoping to get myself a Sagan's colorway. Would like to know how it rides!

The SL6 SW Tarmac is an improvement from the already fantastic SL5 SW Tarmac. It's more comfortable over the rough stuff but still agile and quick handling. Power transfer seems better than before, with less BB flex. I've had it a few times on the trainer and there is noticeably less flex compared to the SW SL5.

The Sagan SS is amazing!! You won't be disappointed.

morganb

by morganb

HaroldC wrote:

The SL6 SW Tarmac is an improvement from the already fantastic SL5 SW Tarmac. It's more comfortable over the rough stuff but still agile and quick handling. Power transfer seems better than before, with less BB flex. I've had it a few times on the trainer and there is noticeably less flex compared to the SW SL5.

What size you on? Does the handling feel the same as the SL5? I am concerned about the geo changes in my size (52), slacker HA, shorter reach, lower BB. I love how fast the steering feels compared to most bikes in my size and have a long torso and appreciate that it had long reach for the size and these change seem like they will shorten up the fit and make it less reactive.

HaroldC

by HaroldC

morganb wrote:
HaroldC wrote:

What size you on? Does the handling feel the same as the SL5? I am concerned about the geo changes in my size (52), slacker HA, shorter reach, lower BB. I love how fast the steering feels compared to most bikes in my size and have a long torso and appreciate that it had long reach for the size and these change seem like they will shorten up the fit and make it less reactive.

I'm on a 56 with reach and stack numbers nearly identical to the SL5. No real difference in handling between the SL5 and SL6 in my size. Biggest difference I felt is the increased comfort.

flafonta

by flafonta

Here is mine. Still a work in progress, dialing the fit and need to cut steerer tube. The Zipp logo on the stem is also screaming and the Power saddle is great for my a$$ but does not look great.
Maiden voyage this morning. Felt good, lighter, easier to toss around. Out of the saddle effort felt great, Feels lower than my 1st gen Venge. And dead silent.

Now with picture, hopefully it will work this time.

Last edited by flafonta on Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Photobucket is so 2005.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I want a ultralight with a super duper star paint job
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

TonyM

by TonyM

flafonta wrote:Here is mine. Still a work in progress, dialing the fit and need to cut steerer tube. The Zipp logo on the stem is also screaming and the Power saddle is great for my a$$ but does not look great.
Maiden voyage this morning. Felt good, lighter, easier to toss around. Out of the saddle effort felt great, Feels lower than my 1st gen Venge. And dead silent.

You may have to use a different service than "photo bucket" :smartass:

ichobi

by ichobi

How is the stability? Some bikes can feel planted at all sort of maneuver. Canyon Ultimate and Dogma came to mind. Some are less so (not that they are bad, just different handling characteristics). I prefer a planted bike as i tend to freak out on high speed descent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moyboy

by moyboy

Go full Sagan and put electrical tap on the Zipp logo. :D

flafonta wrote:Here is mine. Still a work in progress, dialing the fit and need to cut steerer tube. The Zipp logo on the stem is also screaming and the Power saddle is great for my a$$ but does not look great.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

^ nice...

Get some TurboCottons... gumwall would look awesome.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

flafonta

by flafonta

I just did put electrical tape on the Zipp logo, I think that will work, barely noticeable.

moyboy wrote:Go full Sagan and put electrical tap on the Zipp logo. :D

meeRoad

by meeRoad

Another SuperStar build

S-Works Tarmac SL6
Colnago C59
Canyon Ultimate
CAAD 10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

morganb