Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:39 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1028 posts ]  Go to page Previous 163 64 65 66 6769 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:46 am
Posts: 20
I saw a new review posted which is quite positive -- http://www.cyclingweekly.com/editors-ch ... iew-358657

Note that they discuss the weight differently -- "Specialized weighed a batch of size 56cm frames and says the average weight for this batch was 766g."


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:42 am
Posts: 52
jj911c2 wrote:
Note that they discuss the weight differently -- "Specialized weighed a batch of size 56cm frames and says the average weight for this batch was 766g."
the review is for a non-ultralight - so what frame does this weight relate to ?

usual Specialized non-specific made up numbers IMO


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:11 pm 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:12 pm
Posts: 32
Still waiting on my ee’s but finally got a rack to transport Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:46 am
Posts: 20
Looks good mbdurham17! That Seasucker is scary the first time you put your bike on the car with it and drive, but it has worked great for me so far.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:12 pm
Posts: 32
jj911c2 wrote:
Looks good mbdurham17! That Seasucker is scary the first time you put your bike on the car with it and drive, but it has worked great for me so far.
Thanks!! Yep it’s definitely scary but seems to hold tight from my pulling on it tests lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:36 pm
Posts: 102
tguillaume wrote:
Hi,

the great day for me... Image

My Sagan Superstar is ready Image

- Tarmac S-Works SL6 Sagan Superstar size 56
- Full Shimano Dura-Ace 9150 Di2 50/34 - 11/28
- Selle Italia SLR Titanium
- Fulcrum Racing Speed 40 Clincher
- Specialized 420mm Expert Alloy Shallow handlebars with S-Works 100mm
- 2 Tacx Deva bottlecage
- K-Edge support for Edge 1000
- Garmin Speed and cadence sensor

Image

Weight :

6455g
6690g with pedals
6840g complete, with pedals, bottlecages, K-Edge and Garmin sensors
Hi,
Beautiful bike!
Would be keen to hear more about the Fulcrums, I like the look of them but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information out there; what made you choose them over the Rovals?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk



Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:35 am
Posts: 788
mbdurham17 wrote:
jj911c2 wrote:
Looks good mbdurham17! That Seasucker is scary the first time you put your bike on the car with it and drive, but it has worked great for me so far.
Thanks!! Yep it’s definitely scary but seems to hold tight from my pulling on it tests lol
Right now, I'd be more afraid of the garage door.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:08 pm
Posts: 1008
Those Sagan Superstar builds that have been appearing recently are stunning :shock:

How light can you build those? Sub 6KG possible without going crazy on the THM and EE bits?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:09 pm
Posts: 8
alastairb wrote:
tguillaume wrote:
Hi,

the great day for me... Image

My Sagan Superstar is ready Image

- Tarmac S-Works SL6 Sagan Superstar size 56
- Full Shimano Dura-Ace 9150 Di2 50/34 - 11/28
- Selle Italia SLR Titanium
- Fulcrum Racing Speed 40 Clincher
- Specialized 420mm Expert Alloy Shallow handlebars with S-Works 100mm
- 2 Tacx Deva bottlecage
- K-Edge support for Edge 1000
- Garmin Speed and cadence sensor

Image

Weight :

6455g
6690g with pedals
6840g complete, with pedals, bottlecages, K-Edge and Garmin sensors
Hi,
Beautiful bike!
Would be keen to hear more about the Fulcrums, I like the look of them but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information out there; what made you choose them over the Rovals?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Well, i have those wheels since last year and there were on my Tarmac SL5 !
I choose those wheels in place of the Campagnolo Bora One because i have a Shimano Dura-Ace groupset...
Fulcrum's wheels are for me a good quality/price and efficiency !
They weight 1395g for clincher 17C...

The Roval's was a little more expensive !!! for the same performance...

Now i have the 2 bikes with Fulcrum, the Speed 40C on the SL6 and the Quattro Carbon on the SL5 :P

Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:12 pm
Posts: 32
topflightpro wrote:
mbdurham17 wrote:
jj911c2 wrote:
Looks good mbdurham17! That Seasucker is scary the first time you put your bike on the car with it and drive, but it has worked great for me so far.
Thanks!! Yep it’s definitely scary but seems to hold tight from my pulling on it tests lol
Right now, I'd be more afraid of the garage door.
Haha I made sure it clears by about 2 inches


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:39 pm
Posts: 717
mbdurham17 wrote:
topflightpro wrote:
mbdurham17 wrote:
jj911c2 wrote:
Looks good mbdurham17! That Seasucker is scary the first time you put your bike on the car with it and drive, but it has worked great for me so far.
Thanks!! Yep it’s definitely scary but seems to hold tight from my pulling on it tests lol
Right now, I'd be more afraid of the garage door.
Haha I made sure it clears by about 2 inches


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Even if you're sure it clears, I wouldn't make it a habit of driving in and out with the nike on the roof. Seems like an easy way to forget and then you end up wacking the bike on a different garage door too or something that is slightly lower.

_________________
2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador
http://www.Crankaddicts.cc
http://www.skratchlabs.com
2015 Specialized S-Works Allez
2015 Specialized Venge Pro


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:30 pm
Posts: 364
Agreed, I know too many bikes that have been destroyed that way.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:25 am
Posts: 33
Location: Belgium
tguillaume wrote:
Well, i have those wheels since last year and there were on my Tarmac SL5 !
I choose those wheels in place of the Campagnolo Bora One because i have a Shimano Dura-Ace groupset...
Fulcrum's wheels are for me a good quality/price and efficiency !
They weight 1395g for clincher 17C...

The Roval's was a little more expensive !!! for the same performance...

Now i have the 2 bikes with Fulcrum, the Speed 40C on the SL6 and the Quattro Carbon on the SL5 :P

Image
I'm not too fond of the LBS sticker placement. :(


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 1343
I will not keep these LBS stickers at all! (in some countries you can see many people who keep these however)


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:03 pm
Posts: 39
mbdurham17 wrote:
Updated weight and pics! Will drop a lot once the ee finally come in ImageImage


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
How tight are the stand’s jaws?

Sounds a daft question but my LBS has the same scales. We weighed my bike in the same manner as you did. Initially I was sceptical of the reading and went to release the scales. As I loosened the jaws the recorded weight of the bike reduced by over 250g!!

Make sure the jaws are only suspending the upper body of the Park Tool scales to get your best reading.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:26 am 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1028 posts ]  Go to page Previous 163 64 65 66 6769 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]

in Road

TonyM

80

16627

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:02 pm

dcorn View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Help with 2018 Specialized S-Works Roubaix build

in Road

Vandit

5

1102

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:50 pm

Vandit View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2018 S-Works Tarmac Sizing 49cm Vs 52cm

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

pesto13

22

2027

Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:17 pm

oraclesin View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2018 Emonda SLR vs SL

in Road

ClydesdaleChris

9

2417

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:28 am

ClydesdaleChris View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2018 Fuji SL

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

Roni1

32

7048

Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:44 pm

Hamfist View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alcatraz, crn, Google Adsense [Bot], iamalex, lovemyway, preludervtec, sovereign and 42 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited