Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:01 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 916 posts ]  Go to page Previous 133 34 35 36 3762 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:02 am
Posts: 3757
Location: On the bike
^ You can order them yourself for $283 as well.

http://www.jensonusa.com/Cane-Creek-Ee- ... s?cs=Black

_________________
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:12 pm
Posts: 25
53x12 wrote:
^ You can order them yourself for $283 as well.

http://www.jensonusa.com/Cane-Creek-Ee- ... s?cs=Black


Cool thank you


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:17 pm 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm
Posts: 450
mbdurham17 wrote:
Went by my LBS this morning and he called specialized to check on the status of my frame. The good news is I am number 18 in line so no worry about not getting one of the first ones but the ship date is still the end of October. Also he can order the ee for $283 each (fronts) and have them in 2 weeks. Now looks like I need to make sure the adapter mentioned is included with the frame since mine is 54 or if it's something I need to purchase seperatley from specialized or cane creek. Thanks all for the info


I heard the initial allotment for the US was 80 bikes, 500 worldwide, but I really doubt they'll stick to that. They just want to drum up hype. Maybe reintroduce a different colored Ultralight a couple months later as another limited run...


Last edited by TobinHatesYou on Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:12 pm
Posts: 25
TobinHatesYou wrote:

I heard the initial allotment for the US was 80 bikes, 500 worldwide, but I really doubt they'll stick to that. They just want to drum up hype. Maybe reintroduce a different colored Ultralight a couple months ago as another limited run...


That's what they told my LBS as well. I believe he said they were supposed to be receiving 50 the end of October.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:05 pm
Posts: 5
pyrahna wrote:
polzag10 wrote:
Image

Can I install the rear eebrake direct mount on the rear at the seat stay of sworks tarmac sl6? Because I saw the photo of ultralight ver., they install two front eebrake on front and rear.


I just wanted to clarify this after seeing 2 Ultralights in the flesh on Friday. The 56 I saw had the carbon bridge you see in pictures and had the EE brakes directly mounted to the seat stays. The 54 had an aluminum adapter that spaced and angled the brakes away for the seat stays. This doesn't look as bad as it sounds, but it is not as svelte as the carbon bridge that has been posted in pictures. This would probably mean that if you rode a 54 or smaller you would need to buy this adapter piece from specialized if you wanted to run EE brakes.


FYI I got this email from Cane Creek:

'we have a Specialized specific pair of calipers for the new Tarmac, and essentially they are two DM front calipers that do not come with washers behind the brake shoes- to provide wider rim width clearance- and the caliper that goes on the rear of the frame has a specific- shorter- link that was designed to not contact the seat tube.'


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:30 pm
Posts: 5810
Location: Bay Area
Specialized will stick to that. I can't remember a single year that they haven't had supply issues on limited models and popular sizes.

_________________
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:07 pm
Posts: 14
Picked up my ultralight today in 54. 6.20kg including pedals. :)


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:04 pm
Posts: 9
chrisbint wrote:
Picked up my ultralight today in 54. 6.20kg including pedals. :)


The 54 frame has carbon bridge at rear?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:52 am
Posts: 716
KWalker wrote:
Specialized will stick to that. I can't remember a single year that they haven't had supply issues on limited models and popular sizes.

This^


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:07 pm
Posts: 14
polzag10 wrote:
chrisbint wrote:
Picked up my ultralight today in 54. 6.20kg including pedals. :)


The 54 frame has carbon bridge at rear?


Yes it does.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:30 pm
Posts: 294
ollie3856 wrote:
pyrahna wrote:
polzag10 wrote:
Image

Can I install the rear eebrake direct mount on the rear at the seat stay of sworks tarmac sl6? Because I saw the photo of ultralight ver., they install two front eebrake on front and rear.


I just wanted to clarify this after seeing 2 Ultralights in the flesh on Friday. The 56 I saw had the carbon bridge you see in pictures and had the EE brakes directly mounted to the seat stays. The 54 had an aluminum adapter that spaced and angled the brakes away for the seat stays. This doesn't look as bad as it sounds, but it is not as svelte as the carbon bridge that has been posted in pictures. This would probably mean that if you rode a 54 or smaller you would need to buy this adapter piece from specialized if you wanted to run EE brakes.


FYI I got this email from Cane Creek:

'we have a Specialized specific pair of calipers for the new Tarmac, and essentially they are two DM front calipers that do not come with washers behind the brake shoes- to provide wider rim width clearance- and the caliper that goes on the rear of the frame has a specific- shorter- link that was designed to not contact the seat tube.'

Huge bummer, that means if you buy a non UL you are going to have to modify your brakes to run on a regular Tarmac.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:05 pm
Posts: 5
morganb wrote:
ollie3856 wrote:
pyrahna wrote:
polzag10 wrote:
Image

Can I install the rear eebrake direct mount on the rear at the seat stay of sworks tarmac sl6? Because I saw the photo of ultralight ver., they install two front eebrake on front and rear.


I just wanted to clarify this after seeing 2 Ultralights in the flesh on Friday. The 56 I saw had the carbon bridge you see in pictures and had the EE brakes directly mounted to the seat stays. The 54 had an aluminum adapter that spaced and angled the brakes away for the seat stays. This doesn't look as bad as it sounds, but it is not as svelte as the carbon bridge that has been posted in pictures. This would probably mean that if you rode a 54 or smaller you would need to buy this adapter piece from specialized if you wanted to run EE brakes.


FYI I got this email from Cane Creek:

'we have a Specialized specific pair of calipers for the new Tarmac, and essentially they are two DM front calipers that do not come with washers behind the brake shoes- to provide wider rim width clearance- and the caliper that goes on the rear of the frame has a specific- shorter- link that was designed to not contact the seat tube.'

Huge bummer, that means if you buy a non UL you are going to have to modify your brakes to run on a regular Tarmac.


Huh? It means if you want to run eebrakes on the new tarmac you need to get one of the brakes with the shorter link direct from them.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:30 pm
Posts: 294
ollie3856 wrote:
morganb wrote:
ollie3856 wrote:
pyrahna wrote:

I just wanted to clarify this after seeing 2 Ultralights in the flesh on Friday. The 56 I saw had the carbon bridge you see in pictures and had the EE brakes directly mounted to the seat stays. The 54 had an aluminum adapter that spaced and angled the brakes away for the seat stays. This doesn't look as bad as it sounds, but it is not as svelte as the carbon bridge that has been posted in pictures. This would probably mean that if you rode a 54 or smaller you would need to buy this adapter piece from specialized if you wanted to run EE brakes.


FYI I got this email from Cane Creek:

'we have a Specialized specific pair of calipers for the new Tarmac, and essentially they are two DM front calipers that do not come with washers behind the brake shoes- to provide wider rim width clearance- and the caliper that goes on the rear of the frame has a specific- shorter- link that was designed to not contact the seat tube.'

Huge bummer, that means if you buy a non UL you are going to have to modify your brakes to run on a regular Tarmac.


Huh? It means if you want to run eebrakes on the new tarmac you need to get one of the brakes with the shorter link direct from them.

I have my doubts this is anything but an OEM only set up.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:05 pm
Posts: 5
morganb wrote:
ollie3856 wrote:
morganb wrote:
ollie3856 wrote:

FYI I got this email from Cane Creek:

'we have a Specialized specific pair of calipers for the new Tarmac, and essentially they are two DM front calipers that do not come with washers behind the brake shoes- to provide wider rim width clearance- and the caliper that goes on the rear of the frame has a specific- shorter- link that was designed to not contact the seat tube.'

Huge bummer, that means if you buy a non UL you are going to have to modify your brakes to run on a regular Tarmac.


Huh? It means if you want to run eebrakes on the new tarmac you need to get one of the brakes with the shorter link direct from them.

I have my doubts this is anything but an OEM only set up.


You can buy them direct from cane creek, or you can run shimano DM brakes (with basically any group)


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:09 pm
Posts: 1
Has anybody measure the weight of the frame ? Was at my local bike shop & there was a Sagan version size 52 & it weighed more than 900 g instead of the quoted 700+ g . Maybe it's 700+ excluding paint work & ceramic speed bottom bracket ?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: S-Works SL 2018
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:57 am 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 916 posts ]  Go to page Previous 133 34 35 36 3762 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2018 S-Works Tarmac Disc

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

TonyM

23

4665

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:36 pm

Drizzle View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Help with 2018 Specialized S-Works Roubaix build

in Road

Vandit

5

718

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:50 pm

Vandit View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2018 S-Works Tarmac Sizing 49cm Vs 52cm

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

pesto13

22

1205

Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:17 pm

oraclesin View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2018 Emonda SLR vs SL

in Road

ClydesdaleChris

9

1472

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:28 am

ClydesdaleChris View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2018 Fuji SL

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

Roni1

31

5734

Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:13 am

BigPoser View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], davejunia, Hexsense, JUKKA2668, kookie, mds, saba, Yahoo [Bot] and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited