S-Works SL 2018

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ghost234

by Ghost234

If you have the matte, use WD 40 on a cloth or rubbing alcohol.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DCcyclist

by DCcyclist

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:50 am
here's a link to the Thailand Specialized website... the colorway is called Monocoat black/white reflective

https://www.specialized.com/th/en/mens- ... 643-153988
How come these colorways are not available in the US? :/
2019 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

DCcyclist wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:34 pm
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
here's a link to the Thailand Specialized website... the colorway is called Monocoat black/white reflective

Specialized determines that some color ways will sell better than others in certain markets and they distribute them accordingly.

It's nothing new... every year there some colors offered in some areas that aren't offered in others. I remember a few years back, 2015 maybe, they had a non S-Works Venge in the OmegaPharma colors that was offered in Canada. There was also the Booned "Dragon" S-Works Venge that was offered in the Asian market.

Every year they do test colors that the employees at Specialized get to. Sometimes they also come up for sale too.

DCcyclist

by DCcyclist

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:18 pm
DCcyclist wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:34 pm
CrankAddictsRich wrote:

Specialized determines that some color ways will sell better than others in certain markets and they distribute them accordingly.

It's nothing new... every year there some colors offered in some areas that aren't offered in others. I remember a few years back, 2015 maybe, they had a non S-Works Venge in the OmegaPharma colors that was offered in Canada. There was also the Booned "Dragon" S-Works Venge that was offered in the Asian market.

Every year they do test colors that the employees at Specialized get to. Sometimes they also come up for sale too.
Thank you. Wish they had some of these colorways in the US. Is it even possible to order a non-US frameset thru a dealer?
2019 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

DCcyclist wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:51 pm
Thank you. Wish they had some of these colorways in the US. Is it even possible to order a non-US frameset thru a dealer?
No... I don't beleive so. I have two friends that both wanted the OmegaPharma Venge frames that I mentioned earlier. They drove up to Canada to get them. I don't beleive that US stores will cover the warranty issues if you do this though. Not sure.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Can anyone quote me the weights of the standard S-Works Tarmac vs. the Tarmac Pro, for frame only... same size. I'm just trying to get a sense of what the weight difference is bewteen the two levels... I know in previous models it was usually 100-150g difference.

morganb

by morganb

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:05 am
Can anyone quote me the weights of the standard S-Works Tarmac vs. the Tarmac Pro, for frame only... same size. I'm just trying to get a sense of what the weight difference is bewteen the two levels... I know in previous models it was usually 100-150g difference.
Someone posted a 56cm Tarmac Expert frame (same as the Pro) as 924g, I believe with hanger. The S-Works I've seen everything from 780-908g here.

ODC

by ODC

Does anybody has problems with a creaking bottom bracket with the sl6?

Drizzle

by Drizzle

Whats the recommended torque for the seatpost clamp for the sl6? I think 7,9Nm but that seems high?

liam7020

by liam7020

Some more weights for the database. Sagan Superstar in size 56cm - frame with seat binder, cage bolts, brake bridge, bb cover 919g; fork 350g uncut; seatpost 175g. Not the lightest Sagan on here but I'm happy enough.

Lots of little grommets etc but no parts list or appliance notes from Spesh. Hated the F8 I had for a season but at least Pina did provide clear instructions which parts were used for mechanical, Di2 or EPS. Anyhow I've mostly figured the bits I need except which little plug/grommet or whatever it's called is required where the rear brake cable and electronic cable enter the top tube. Any photos or heads up would be appreciated. Ta.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I'm pretty sure that the tier 1 shops now have the SL6 Disc frames... StrictlyBicycles is showing what's clearly a disc brake tarmac with a cardborard cover over the brake area that says "no pictures please" on their instagram. They typically get bikes on the day they're released.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf5_bV_nsnG ... onstrictly

robgwest

by robgwest

Drizzle wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:28 pm
Whats the recommended torque for the seatpost clamp for the sl6? I think 7,9Nm but that seems high?
My LBS has asked Spesh about this and didn't get a definite answer. Consensus seems to be 6.2Nm based on this being what all their other clamps are marked with.

cpark

by cpark

flafonta wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:33 pm
Here is mine. Still a work in progress, dialing the fit and need to cut steerer tube. The Zipp logo on the stem is also screaming and the Power saddle is great for my a$$ but does not look great.
Maiden voyage this morning. Felt good, lighter, easier to toss around. Out of the saddle effort felt great, Feels lower than my 1st gen Venge. And dead silent.

Now with picture, hopefully it will work this time.

Chiming in late.
That bike looks sick!!!!👍👍👍

Bordcla

by Bordcla

flafonta wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:33 pm
Here is mine. Still a work in progress, dialing the fit and need to cut steerer tube. The Zipp logo on the stem is also screaming and the Power saddle is great for my a$$ but does not look great.
Maiden voyage this morning. Felt good, lighter, easier to toss around. Out of the saddle effort felt great, Feels lower than my 1st gen Venge. And dead silent.

Now with picture, hopefully it will work this time.

Wowzers!

AW84

by AW84

ODC wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:04 pm
Does anybody has problems with a creaking bottom bracket with the sl6?
I actually came here this morning to ask this very question, as my Pro started creaking last week. My SL5, even with super-long service lengths to the BB, has never creaked once in 30,000 miles.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com