S-Works SL 2018

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
flafonta

by flafonta

Question: I ordered a Frameset in the Sagan special paint color. I was not expecting it to be the ultra light (as it is not explicit on the website) but a video on cycling weekly reviewed Sagan's bike with the same paint and said it was ultra light. Anyone knows?

ichobi

by ichobi

He's Sagan. If he wants a personal paint in ultralight config/ layup he probably can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

flafonta wrote:Question: I ordered a Frameset in the Sagan special paint color. I was not expecting it to be the ultra light (as it is not explicit on the website) but a video on cycling weekly reviewed Sagan's bike with the same paint and said it was ultra light. Anyone knows?

Yours will not be ultralight. Because a 56cm ultralight weighs ~733g, I'd expect a non-ultralight, complex paintjob like the Sagan livery to add 100-120g to that.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

This is why I went the most minimal colour option ;)
Using Tapatalk

flyingbink1

by flyingbink1

Nefarious86 wrote:This is why I went the most minimal colour option ;)

As the the new frame has direct mount calipers . Has anyone experience with other brands then shimano and campa ?

Heard of ee brakes and TRP but the ee brakes are very expensive . Experiences with any of both of them or others ?

alex01

by alex01

This morning I weighed my framework of the tarmac 2018 s-works superstar sagan.

These are the "official" numbers :D

Frame 56: 883gr
seat post: 180gr
front fork: 341gr

alex01

by alex01

Frame S-Works sagan superstar 56
Attachments
frame 1_copy.jpg

orange

by orange

alex01 wrote:Frame S-Works sagan superstar 56

I've ordered the ultralight - but it looks much better in that colour, Especially with the black forks

share some pictures of the build too :)

fritzbox

by fritzbox

alex01 wrote:Frame S-Works sagan superstar 56
Boahhh

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

alex01 wrote:This morning I weighed my framework of the tarmac 2018 s-works superstar sagan.

Dang I was off by 30-50g on my paint estimate. I guess the metallic paints are quite heavy.

Delorre

by Delorre

alex01 wrote:This morning I weighed my framework of the tarmac 2018 s-works superstar sagan.

I suppose it's without headset or BB bearings, but with all other the alu bits (der hanger, bolts etc) ? Not bad at all given the extravagant paintjob :thumbup:

orange

by orange

is it me, or have specialized quietly dropped the 733g claim on the 56cm ultralight ?

can't see it anymore on the website - plus all the stuff about picking the lightest frames and working them for 2 more hours etc...

now just says "under 800g" and talks about the paint job.

mmmm :?

---------------

edit - it's still here: https://www.specialized.com/us/en/new-tarmac - but missing from the product pages. I wonder if they found it impossible to deliver them at that weight. "under 800g" is 10% heavier

edit 2 - https://www.specialized.com/us/en/men/b ... set/134251

sagan frameset also says "under 800g" which it obviously isn't ?

pyrahna

by pyrahna

orange wrote:is it me, or have specialized quietly dropped the 733g claim on the 56cm ultralight ?

You should start seeing pretty soon. I know the Ultralight built up bikes have started shipping and I assume the framesets are not far behind if they haven't already started shipping as well.

orange

by orange

pyrahna wrote:
orange wrote:is it me, or have specialized quietly dropped the 733g claim on the 56cm ultralight ?

You should start seeing pretty soon. I know the Ultralight built up bikes have started shipping and I assume the framesets are not far behind if they haven't already started shipping as well.

my dealer (UK) is still saying November !

by Weenie

pyrahna

by pyrahna

orange wrote:
pyrahna wrote:

my dealer (UK) is still saying November !

Sorry, I should have specified that I'm in the U.S. My dealer (good friend as well) has had his 54 UL and a customer's 56 UL bikes shipped late last week. He is expecting them on Thursday. He got in on the 1st round of orders and usually seems to have a pretty high priority within the Specialized hierarchy.