Recently I managed to get a hold of a XR4 as a gift and boy, the build is nice.
Unfortunately I am having issue with trouble shooting the headset problem. The headset/crown itself is not sitting flush, and it is the stock headset/crown that came with the bike frame. Nothing has been changed as of now other than the group set components. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.
So far :
1) I have asked a mate at TDU to ask the limited english speaking mechanics. They have provided a quick solution ; " A special headset from FSA " but unable to elaborate anymore other than to ring distributor in AUS. They are unable to sell/supply one as well so thats a bummer.
2) I have thrawled the webs and it appears that it may be paint scheme specific, the other colours seem to have a nice finish/flush of the crown and fork but not for my matte/celeste frame. Although there is this minority of my paint scheme that has it flush.
3) The Headset/Crown itself has been installed correctly and checked over by 2-3 different shops but everyone intially thought it was the crown not sitting right. The bianchi headset as per internet specs, comes with FSA 33 (44E) Headset.
Should I try an Alternative Headset/Crown bearing ? My main concern is washing the bike and water getting into the bearings.
Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.
Attached are pictures.
1) My Bianchi Headset / Crown issue
2) Bianchi XR4 for SHIMANO GROUPSET DEMO @ TDU
3) Bianchi Oltre XR4 at TDU
4) Bianchi Oltre XR4 pics from the net.