Integrated bar and stem!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MC356

by MC356

Hey everyone!
Ive been looking into getting an integrated bar and stem for my BMC TMR01. The one I like the most and what I think would look best on my bike would be the Syncros rr1.0 carbon aero bar/stem

Anyone have an experience with that bar/stem or any other recommendations?

Thanks!
BMC TMR01
Niner Air 9 RDO

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Make sure it fits first rather than how pretty it is.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MC356

by MC356

Ive seen pictures on these bars on a TMR!
Imageimage ru
BMC TMR01
Niner Air 9 RDO

mvacolnago

by mvacolnago

I have a set of the Deda and the FSA, I prefer the Deda but it is almost too close to call

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

MC356 wrote:Ive seen pictures on these bars on a TMR!

Your picture is not showing!

Are you sure they are right for you as you can't rotate the bars, only the levers?
Also, does the TMR01 have an 1-1/4 inch steerer because the rr1.0 is 1-1/4 (to fit the new Foil)?

GASer

by GASer

It would be also good to know if it can host the EPS v3 junction box as it is only advertised to accommodate the Di2 box.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Trek SpeedConcept 9.9 Project One, Basso Diamante SV, DeRosa SK (sold), Orbea Orca Gold 6430gr, Orbea Aqua, Tommasini Tecno, FM-066SL 6480gr, Kinesis RaceLight T2, Trek Superfly 100, Orbea Alma 29, Specialized Enduro S-Works 29, KTM EXC-250

Shrike

by Shrike

If you're spending that much cash then you could go full boss with a Vision 5D

http://www.visiontechusa.com/products/h ... handlebar/

kgt

by kgt

The nicest integrated bars IMHO. Ursus Magnus H0.1

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Funny how those Vision bars that slope forward are marketed as being very aerodynamic but when my hands fall naturally on the tops, my elbows automatically end up being further out in the wind. Then trying to tuck the elbows in puts the wrists at a terribly uncomfortable angle. Seems bars that slope backward along the tops would allow the rider to ride in the tops and have their elbows comfortably tucked in. Granted, being in the drops is the way to really reap the benefits of being low and tucked up, but we do ride in the tops often enough. Just thinking out loud...

KGT, those Ursus bars, are they 1.25" steerer tube compatible? The site does not appear to provide any insight.

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@kgt,
any recommendation where can I get hold of the Ursus bars?
can't seem to find them anywhere...

kgt

by kgt

There are a few dealers worldwide:
http://ursus.it/how-to-buy/find-a-deler/

According to the Greek dealer you can only order them from Italy, there is no stock, and the price is 650 euros...

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

There are several companies out there that can bond together any carbon bar and stem. This allows better individual precision than the mass-produced ones.

stockae92

by stockae92

UpFromOne wrote:There are several companies out there that can bond together any carbon bar and stem. This allows better individual precision than the mass-produced ones.

would there be weight saving?

BmanX

by BmanX

I believe like others have mentioned that you can get a good bar and stem bonded for about the same price but you get to pick your stem and bars. I have had a couple done to good success.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

mr4fox

by mr4fox

I have the Syncros RR 1.0's on my TMR01!!!!!
I love them. They're stiff as f@&k so the front end feels solid as a rock when out of the saddle going hard.

Really cool that they hide the junction box too. But my only gripe, and it's not a big one, is with the little hole underneath the Garmin mount (or in the cover for the compartment if not using the Garmin mount) so you can stick an Allen key through to press the button on the Di2 junction box to enable adjusting the derailleurs. Well I was using the only Allen key on my lezeyne multi tool and managed to bust the button so it no longer works. Hehe. Guess it's not the fault of the bars but rather ham fisted user error lol! But just take it easy if you can't get the derailleur adjustment to switch on/off mid way through a ride.

The other "issue" (not really) is it's annoying to remove the Garmin mount every time I want to recharge the Di2 battery. But that's just laziness and the price you pay if you want a hidden Di2 junction box (currently investigating if the new bar end junction box will fit)

I had high hopes of drawing and 3D printing the aero steerer spacers that match these bars (from the Scott foil) but modifying them to fit the TMR01 but I have exactly zero CAD experience so haven't come so far yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com