sram red etap HRD availability..

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gurk700

by gurk700

Same for Felt bikes. There was a Felt FR1 Disc version on the site and they took it down once the news hit that SRAM will be delayed. One of the top executives at Felt has a SRAM hrd fr1 though. Image

Anyway.. They'll be available before the Canyon bikes are in the US so I'm happy :P

spytech

by spytech

gurk700 wrote:Same for Felt bikes. There was a Felt FR1 Disc version on the site and they took it down once the news hit that SRAM will be delayed. One of the top executives at Felt has a SRAM hrd fr1 though. Image

Anyway.. They'll be available before the Canyon bikes are in the US so I'm happy :P

so a few sets were created? Ted king, also has a groupset on his cannondale. i need a set and no one has one, SAD!!! lol

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gurk700

by gurk700

spytech wrote:
gurk700 wrote:Same for Felt bikes. There was a Felt FR1 Disc version on the site and they took it down once the news hit that SRAM will be delayed. One of the top executives at Felt has a SRAM hrd fr1 though. Image

so a few sets were created? Ted king, also has a groupset on his cannondale. i need a set and no one has one, SAD!!! lol

Yeah but it's understandable I think. A few hundred units for media testing / race teams etc in the prototype stage versus a full on production of tens of thousands of units for the masses is a different game.
Some Katusha team members had HRD eTaps on their bikes in Strade Bianche I believe.

spytech

by spytech

gurk700 wrote:
spytech wrote:

Yeah but it's understandable I think. A few hundred units for media testing / race teams etc in the prototype stage versus a full on production of tens of thousands of units for the masses is a different game.
Some Katusha team members had HRD eTaps on their bikes in Strade Bianche I believe.

any chance, that it might come out before? anyone has any inside info?

spytech

by spytech

Anyone have a new date for release on the etap HRD?

lovemyway

by lovemyway

https://www.sram.com/sram/road/products/sram-red-etap-hrd-shift-brake-control wrote:Look for SRAM RED eTap HRD at retail beginning in June 2017, with more widespread availability in July.

The only site I believe right now.

spytech

by spytech

lovemyway wrote:
https://www.sram.com/sram/road/products/sram-red-etap-hrd-shift-brake-control wrote:Look for SRAM RED eTap HRD at retail beginning in June 2017, with more widespread availability in July.

The only site I believe right now.

June!?!?!?! that blows! i hope they get their act together.

DOUG

by DOUG

So a number of online retailers are selling the HRD brake/shifters and calipers.

e.g. https://www.bikebug.com/sram-red-hrd-sh ... 71388.html

This begs the questions, why no release date on the complete groupset?

Is there any reason one could not simply buy the Brakes, FD and RD, charger and USB thing separately? I don't require a crankset, BB, casette or chain so its sort of like building my own upgrade kit in sense. I don't see any problems but wondering if others have done this with any success?

jlok

by jlok

I thought u were saying eTap HRD brake/shifters and calipers...
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

wingguy

by wingguy

DOUG wrote:Is there any reason one could not simply buy the Brakes, FD and RD, charger and USB thing separately?

The reason is that's a mechanical Red22 shift lever, so would be pretty useless with any groupset that involved chargers and USB things :wink:

lovemyway

by lovemyway

I've heard that the June date should not be subject to change. R9170, on the other hand, got postponed even further..

DOUG

by DOUG

Haha well don't i look a bit stupid! Just got all excited when i saw HRD, you can ignore my overly eager post.

Heres hoping the June release date is solid. Hanging out to do a build but not sure about the E-Tap route until there's some more reviews on the HRD out in the wild.

jlok

by jlok

More and more dealers are putting up the upgrade kit with August the soonest shipping day.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

spytech

by spytech

jlok wrote:More and more dealers are putting up the upgrade kit with August the soonest shipping day.

Why would it be August? ive seen bikes with it already. this is a bit crazy right now.

Rush

by Rush

Better to take their time rather than rush it and recall it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com