sram red etap HRD availability..

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

addict

by addict

Waiting for subj to upcoming season and was aimed to mid february for shipment...
Today saw this at sram.com: Look for SRAM RED eTap HRD at retail beginning in June 2017, with more widespread availability in July.
https://www.sram.com/sram/road/products ... ke-control

Anybody has insiders info/rumors on this ticklish question?? :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ergott

by ergott

My SRAM distributor has stock date of June 2nd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spartan

by spartan

what a joke Sram. can not get your sh*** together. i remember sram was going to beat dura-ace to market by 6 months. not very likely now :oops:

btw. why is katusha still using dura-ace direct mount brakes. sram does not have any engineering resources to make some for the team.

shimano always in front
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

addict

by addict

Hmmm.. ok, 'll ask sram))

spytech

by spytech

addict wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/kit-upgrade-elettronico-red-etap-hrd-2x11v-wifli-disc-flat-strada-SRAM-cambio-el-/332082002804?hash=item4d51a13b74:g:kQ8AAOSwEzxYbcOq

stated that 10 available)

Was this for sale or pre order?

Shrike

by Shrike

There was a problem with the tooling equipment, something broke apparently hence the massive delay. Dealer dropped it into conversation when I was buying eTap in Jan.

lovemyway

by lovemyway

They (the SRAM) have already uploaded some of the eTap HRD installation videos on their YouTube channel few days ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37iTZZzBGW0 - I'm wondering whether it will speed up the release process or not.

spytech

by spytech

Shrike wrote:There was a problem with the tooling equipment, something broke apparently hence the massive delay. Dealer dropped it into conversation when I was buying eTap in Jan.

damn, that sucks. i heard talks about testing causing the delay. i hope they can get it resolved soon.

deek

by deek

spartan wrote:what a joke Sram. can not get your sh*** together. i remember sram was going to beat dura-ace to market by 6 months. not very likely now :oops:

Not that the delays are great, but wasn't Shimano 9170 also supposed to be out already but is also delayed until summer?

spytech

by spytech

deek wrote:
spartan wrote:what a joke Sram. can not get your sh*** together. i remember sram was going to beat dura-ace to market by 6 months. not very likely now :oops:

Not that the delays are great, but wasn't Shimano 9170 also supposed to be out already but is also delayed until summer?

are they just holding off to see what sram does? or do they have an actual delay also?

i wanted to see whos brakes were better between sram and shimano.

Eclat

by Eclat

I heard that there was a problem with the etap hrd.
btw I saw some bike in specialized website which is equipped etap hrd disc brake.
I dont know what's gong on...

lovemyway

by lovemyway

Yeah, there are few people already getting the S-WORKS VENGE VIAS DISC ETAP - one of these was already posted in the "what have you bought today" topic. The bikeradar have already posted the "first ride review" here: http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... iew-51035/, but I, too, can give you a first ride review - I've rode the bike in August last year - so I'd be skeptical here. There's a lot of top end models of different brands specced with eTap HRD, I think they have a priority in getting the groupsets; us, mere mortals have to patiently wait.

wingguy

by wingguy

Shrike wrote:There was a problem with the tooling equipment, something broke apparently hence the massive delay. Dealer dropped it into conversation when I was buying eTap in Jan.

What kind of dealer?

I would be absolutely amazed if anyone working for or owning a retail shop had a freakin' clue what is happening in SRAM's factory. Lots of them are more than happy to make things up so they can appear connected though...

motorthings

by motorthings

watching the availability too...just got the std cable version of red hydro setup, and will keep it boxed until i can order the etap hydro.
i wanted the etap before my right thumb surgery on friday so i can shift instead of being limited to asking my wife to come in and shift for me for three months.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com