How do I fit a Specialized Romin Pro (9mm carbon rails) on a CG-R post

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Hmmm... perhaps I have the 7x9 clamp then. I just assumed Trek/Bontrager only made two... one for 7mm round rails and the other for the rectangularly shaped rails. I was unaware they make 3, one for the round rails, one for the 7x9 rails and another for 7x10 rails. I will have to check on that. Thanks.

And @Slack... your world class illustration works just fine thank you.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zalle

by zalle

Mine's definitely the 7mm one. I went to the local dealer and she says only next week... :( damn!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Just to update... Bontrager/Trek do make a 7x9 clamp, as well as the 7x10 clamp and standard 7mm round clamp. I haven't had an issue with either the Romin Pro slipping or getting damaged using the 7x10 clamp but I've gone ahead and ordered two of the 7x9 clamps. They only come in silver however. Wonder if the black Specialized 7x9 ears will fit in the Bontrager style seatpost? They look similar in design.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

zalle

by zalle

I got the Carbon kit from Specialized... That's it! Thanks guys!

rogeremasse

by rogeremasse

I have the opposite problem and so have a used set of 7x9 side clamps that I'd like to swap for your 7x7 clamps if you're still in search of a solution.

The clamps I speak of are part of this: https://www.specialized.com/bg/en/compo ... 9mm/105105

zalle

by zalle

rogeremasse wrote:I have the opposite problem and so have a used set of 7x9 side clamps that I'd like to swap for your 7x7 clamps if you're still in search of a solution.

The clamps I speak of are part of this: https://www.specialized.com/bg/en/compo ... 9mm/105105

They're in transit. Hope you get them soon...

rogeremasse

by rogeremasse

I have a set of 7x9 (carbon rail) side clamps for the CG-R. I'd love to trade for a set of 7x7 (alloy rail) clamps. What I need is pictured. In case anyone else has this issue.

Specialized-7x7-clamps_small.png