4iiii dual sided power meter, has anyone ordered one?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jspaceman

by jspaceman

In my eternal search for a new power meter I've narrowed it down to the Power2Max NG, the Quarq DFour, the PowerTap P1 pedals, and now the 4iiii dual sided power meter. Has anyone here tried the 4iiii dual sided PM? I've come across lots of reviews of the single-sided/left only version, but I can't seem to find very many reviews of the dual sided version.

It seems like it checks off a lot of the boxes for me. I can send them my DA9000 crank to get it installed, which would save me money. They claim a +/-1% accuracy, similar to the P2Max NG and SRM. I get true left/right power measurements (I think the Quarq estimates left/right measurement). I don't need to worry about getting a new bottom bracket installed. And since they are a Canadian company I don't have to worry about customs delays when I send them my crank.

Plus Peter Sagan is using one, and he wouldn't steer me wrong? :wink:

Has anyone tried one? Do they live up to their stated accuracy? How reliable and durable are they?

Rick

by Rick

I am also interested in the 4iiii PM's
What few reviews I have seen seem "good". I am surprised that I haven't seen more though.
Anyone using either dual or single sided ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

peted76

by peted76

Two teams on the world stage using them this season.. I expect to see a lot more of 4iii in the press this year!

Pricing wise they seem significantly cheaper than anything else out there, it'll be interesting to see how/if/when prices from the competition come down in reaction.

DDX

by DDX

I have the dual side on my new bike, at the moment only used indoor (zwift).
On my other 2 bikes I have the single side stages but I was looking for a new powermeter for my new bike and wanted dual side after I broke my hip.
No issues so far.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I don't think you'll find many reviews because they're basically band new... I don't think they've been out long enough for anyone to be using them for a long time.

gmarsden

by gmarsden

I ran left sided for most of the year and added right side in the fall. Both have worked flawlessly.
No dropouts with either a stem or an out front mount for my Garmin.
Battery life was about the expected 100 hours.
I have not compared the accuracy with any other power meter.

DDX

by DDX

dcrainmaker review should be online soon :
Yup! I’ve got data done, pics done…just need some writing/analyzing time!

Rick

by Rick

gmarsden wrote:I ran left sided for most of the year and added right side in the fall. Both have worked flawlessly.
No dropouts with either a stem or an out front mount for my Garmin.
Battery life was about the expected 100 hours.
I have not compared the accuracy with any other power meter.

Thanks! That are exactly the type of feedback I am looking for.

GothicCastle

by GothicCastle

jspaceman wrote: I can send them my DA9000 crank to get it installed, which would save me money.

FWIW, Pioneer lets you send in a crank, too. Will also let you start single-sided and upgrade to dual later. I have two Pioneer power meters and have had a good experience.

reknop

by reknop

GothicCastle wrote:
jspaceman wrote: I can send them my DA9000 crank to get it installed, which would save me money.

FWIW, Pioneer lets you send in a crank, too. Will also let you start single-sided and upgrade to dual later. I have two Pioneer power meters and have had a good experience.

I'm curious to learn how you like the dual sided 4iii version. Currently testing a 4iii single version and so far really pleased.

However I own a Pioneer power meter in combination with the SGX-CA500 (and thus the HD power metrics). When switching to the 4iii I slightly miss these HD power metrics, but you get used to training without those.

So who is using the 4iii dual power meter and in combination with which cycling computer ?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

kulivontot

by kulivontot

I just got dual sided 4iiii, I'm going to do some comparisons with my stages, I'll post some data when I get a chance

jspaceman

by jspaceman

DC Rainmaker posted a review of the 4iiii dual sided power meter in February, read it here.

ms6073

by ms6073

kulivontot wrote:I'm going to do some comparisons with my stages, I'll post some data when I get a chance

From all that I have read about issues with Stages, that really does not sound like much of a comparison. :mrgreen:
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Well I only own the two. Ship me your power meter and I'll be happy to compare

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

htc

by htc

I only have the single sided version but very happy with it. Don't really feel the need to have dual sided if I'm honest but there is the option to upgrade to that in the future which is nice.