Sagan's new disc ride....

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

Lol @ specialized. How can you ever take this block of concrete on wheels serious? Spesh had really lost their mind with this bike. This isn't what people want, this is marketingbullshit.

fogman

by fogman

If Peter Sagan is riding it, people will buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Slack

by Slack

Daniel1975 wrote:Lol @ specialized. How can you ever take this block of concrete on wheels serious? Spesh had really lost their mind with this bike. This isn't what people want, this is marketingbullshit.

It's what I want. It might not be what you want but others may want it. Don't speak for everyone when you don't know what other people are thinking.

Mep

by Mep

When it gets up to full speed that extra 2kg should help with extra momentum... At least that's one way of thinking!

Shrike

by Shrike

If his bike was 1.6kg lighter, could he have beat Caleb Ewan today :P

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

@slack; So for 30years we've been searching for weight reduction and now suddenly becauce it says Specialized on the downtube 8,4kg doesnt matter?
An aluminium bike of €1500 has the same (or less) weight. Not one pro will ride this uphill.

Alumen

by Alumen

We are all weight weenies here, but...

The new world of cycling is even more aerodynamics.., even more stiff and less rolling resistance / more comfort, ie, wider tyres.

I would reckon the extra 1.2kg doesn't come from his disc brakes only, but when looking at his bike in total, I do see more of the above.

Even uphill aerodynamics count more than weight, but this will not be his Alps bike right. But for the classics in the spring, absolutely !
CAAD 13 Disc
CAAD 10 2015 R.I.P.
Kona Kahuna

28, the real 25

kgt

by kgt

Daniel1975 wrote:@slack; So for 30years we've been searching for weight reduction and now suddenly becauce it says Specialized on the downtube 8,4kg doesnt matter?
An aluminium bike of €1500 has the same (or less) weight. Not one pro will ride this uphill.

+1
Specialized might claim tomorrow that 10kg road bikes with fenders are the future and I am sure that there will be people who will buy it...

Slack

by Slack

Daniel1975 wrote:@slack; So for 30years we've been searching for weight reduction and now suddenly becauce it says Specialized on the downtube 8,4kg doesnt matter?

You're a joke. I and my entire team have ridden bikes over the weight limit all year and it's not stopped anyone one of us winning races all season. Just another joke obsessed with this 6.8kg that doesn't mean anything. Every single pro will pick other attributes over weight every single time and yet you come on here and it's all you think that matters. You're wrong. No one cares when they're paid you ride it. I doubt you complain about the weight of your office chair when you're smashing that keyboard in at work. I'd say your main concern would be comfort for a day sat on your ass no?

Shrike

by Shrike

Video of Sagan on a training ride in Adelaide. Looks like he wasn't even using the disc bike for that :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccLvaKQKRks

peted76

by peted76

What about those gold hoops?

https://www.bikerumor.com/2017/01/15/sp ... own-under/

I can't get past that there must be a few coats of paint in the wrong place but DAMMIT if anyone can pull off a bike with polished gold wheels Sagan can..

GambadiLegno

by GambadiLegno

kgt wrote:

+1
Specialized might claim tomorrow that 10kg road bikes with fenders are the future and I am sure that there will be people who will buy it...

I joke sometimes with my friends about Specialized, Trek, Pinarello or any other brand building frames with wings for aerodynamics with a 3rd shifter for them and people buying the new Specialized Wing Venge bike.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Kayrehn wrote:It's almost 2kg extra for a feature he doesn't need, I've no doubt the only reason he'll ride it is to appease Specialized.

Put down the drugs and slowly back away.

Disc brakes add a couple hundred grams. Not 2kg.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

peted76

by peted76

... and can't we all just get on and agree that weight vs aero is like comparing favorite children.... they are both special :)

Pro's will ride what they are paid to ride, wear what they are paid to wear and say what they are paid to say. The rest of us aren't really likely to be in the same hemispehere performance wise to know much difference. There always seems to be someone who turns up a club bash on an old steel heavy clunker unoiled and grimy who'll still beat the young whippets :)

Personally I have a light climber style bike and have carefully upgraded my weight to carry me faster 'aerodynamically' down hills :)

kgt

by kgt

That's half the truth. Riders use bikes and components from their sponsors, of course, but they always choose according to what makes them feel better. That's why many riders still prefer much heavier bikes than 6.8kg or non aero frames and wheels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com