Ergonova discontinued?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

No longer listed on the 3T website, doesn't seem to be replaced directly by anything matching. Have I missed something?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

brumbar

by brumbar

I noticed the same thing some days ago and asked them, but they don't respond!
On the Italian version of the website Ergonova still exist.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

i bought an aluminum erganova 3t a few years ago as an upgrade to my stock trek bar. good product and price. hope they replace although i won't be needing this type of solution going forward.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

brumbar

by brumbar

Today I receive an email form 3T

"Dear customer,
Thanks for your enquiry.

From this year the name of the handlebar changed to Ernova.
Kind regards "

Meanwhile my 38 size Ergonova LTD comes at 162g :shock:

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

The Ergonova is/was my go-to bar shape! Meanwhile, the name "Ernova" produces zero hits on the 3T site. Honestly, I am losing patience with 3T lately. I was a big fan of their stuff, but stem design changes, the newer posts, absurd long reach bars, discontinuing the Ergonova... I am all for design changes, when they makes sense and result in improvement, but I have the impresssion that once 3T gets something right, they move on. And so will I.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

New name makes more sense, it's not exactly an ergo shape bar. Got a Zero25 post on backorder which I'm looking forward to checking out too

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Stolichnaya wrote:The Ergonova is/was my go-to bar shape! Meanwhile, the name "Ernova" produces zero hits on the 3T site.

https://store.3tcycling.com/en/products ... h-477.html

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Sure you can still find the bars in plenty of places for sale, but at this point there's zero mention of the new Ernova in their online product listing and Ergonova has been removed.

moonoi

by moonoi

Stolichnaya wrote:Sure you can still find the bars in plenty of places for sale, but at this point there's zero mention of the new Ernova in their online product listing and Ergonova has been removed.

However the link above is for the new Ernova bars and is on the 3T online store (although out of stock), so not sure what you mean by it not being listed/zero mention.

vlastrada

by vlastrada

yup, here's some google magic:

https://store.3tcycling.com/en/products ... h-473.html

good bars, mine are 171g in 40cm (38 at hoods)

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Well s$&t! Looked at the link too quickly. So, bar is same, changed name, no mention of it other than a listing in the store. The main site does not show it (yet, I asssume). Odd. I am comforted that it is still available, but going back to my former comment, 3T designs lately have left me cold. They're slipping in my estimation. I've returned a few items in the last year that just did not sit well. (Difflock saddle clamp system is hit or miss with carbon railed saddled. The single bolt stem clamp was just too scary...)

But again, thanks for pointing out the store link, glad I can still get those bars if needed. Did they need to change the name?

fogman

by fogman

The Ernova is now appearing on the 3T website. Specs appear to be the same as the previous Ergonova.
I do not like the single bolt steerer clamp design of the ARX II stem. The two bolt steerer clamp is still available on the carbon ARX LTD stem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

It's a big bolt though.

Got my Zero25 seat post, looks pretty good. Takes both oval and round rails, reversible head for either 25mm or zero offset.

spliid

by spliid

A bit off topic but couldn't find another thread.

What bolt is the single bolt in the Arx II stem? I need to replace it and have the four bolts in front but not the single one for steerer clamping.
I can see its t30, approx. 30mm long and 6.9mm width at threads.

Thanks in advance

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fogman

by fogman

It is a single M7 bolt according to the 3T website.
https://www.3tcycling.com/road/en/bike- ... x-ii-team/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.