2017 PINARELLO F10

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

3Pio

by 3Pio

mike wrote:Obviously my hasn't ridden a pinarello. Once u ride it u know why it costs so much.

I have ride a Pinarello. Actualy owning Pinarello FP3 and based on that i went to Italy this summer to test ride (and buy), Pinarello Fp8.. And guess what? After the test (140 km) I find out that is a lot of marketing there and there is much better products for the money (i had test ride before that Biachi Oltre and Colnago C60)

BTW, I returned with Colnago C60 instead (much much much better bike based on tests i done in every term and by big margin)

p.s. Pinarello FP3 which i own had Headset problems since start. Very bad design

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jrmynthn

by jrmynthn

Chiming in way late. About a month ago I had an F10 in the studio to shoot for a magazine cover. There are a few extra shots of the bike in my behind the scenes story if you want to check them out. Read it here.

I didn't end up riding it because A) it wasn't mine and B) it was freezing rain outside and I had no interest in tipping it. My impression of it as a former Pinarello owner was that it felt and appeared familiar. Definitely a Pinarello. The changes from the F8 are apparent by subtle. It doesn't scream out that it's a completely new design like the F8 did compared to its predecessor. The F10 was remarkably light considering it was electric (prototype 9150 at the time) and had the aluminum brake track Dura Ace rims. Subjectively it felt solid and stiff but inviting.

Nothing seems to stir differing opinions than the Pinarello frame shapes. The love it or hate it aesthetic is purely polarizing. But you can't deny that it is doing well in the hands of the pros which proves it's more than capable and far more capable than what any mere mortal is going to test it with.

fogman

by fogman

Why did Pinarello have to add that "stardust pattern" to the fork and headtube? Now I can not sneak a new F10 Black on Black past my wife and pass it off as my previous F8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

Joona wrote:It's almost same [as] the F8
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

CLEAR

by CLEAR

fogman wrote:Why did Pinarello have to add that "stardust pattern" to the fork and headtube? Now I can not sneak a new F10 Black on Black past my wife and pass it off as my previous F8.

There is always "my way" custom BoB :)

SNUGSHIP

by SNUGSHIP

fogman wrote:I don't like the red seatpost on the 19 Black with Red seatstays F8. Would prefer a black seatpost instead. I am considering a 22 BoB.

I agree the red seat post looks wrong

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

fogman

by fogman

One aesthetic feature I like about the 2017 F10 over the 2016 F8 is they removed four unnecessary decals from the frame:
1. On the underside of the down tube where you would need to turn the bike upside down to read it.
2. On the rear of the seat tube where you would need to remove the rear wheel to read it.
3. Left top tube, redundant "Pinarello" decal.
4. Right top tube, redundant "Dogma" decal.
I currently own a 2016 Dogma F8 BoB and it is has a too many decals in my opinion.

It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

spartan

by spartan

from the latest TOUR INT MAG. they tested the new dogma in the windtunnel.

new dogma tested equivalent to the madone 9 in aero drag!!!!
amazing results with std external brakes. i suspect the new shadow di2 rear derailleur/integrated stem produced the extra watt savings.
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

nom8099

by nom8099

phallenthoul wrote:Pinarello website was just updated with new 2017 color schemes and some new models, Bolide TT and Bolide HR

Personally, not a big fan of new F8 schemes, but the Bolide HR..hmm, definitely wouldn't kick her off my bed I'd say.

Wow~ looks gorgeous all of them!

hesten

by hesten

from fabin sport.dk Facebook page
Attachments
from Fabin
from Fabin