2017 PINARELLO F10

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Delorre

by Delorre

fogman wrote:My F8 is a size 51.5 and I am using Campagnolo Super Record single pivot rear brake caliper.
Here is a photograph with a 25mm Vredestein Fortezza Senso mounted to a Bora One 35 clincher rim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that tyre worn down squared? Maybe a perfectly round tyre will have less gap?

beanbiken

by beanbiken

I have with a worn Conti Comp 25 tubular on Corima MCC S+ 47s about 1.5-2mm clearance to the rear bridge.Image
BB

Coffee & carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sd5500

by sd5500

mine has about 8-10mm with a 24 (measures 25) turbo cotton on a 4.5 clincher. Most 25s measure about 27-28, so mine may have less with an actual 25.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

sd5500 wrote:mine has about 8-10mm with a 24 (measures 25) turbo cotton on a 4.5 clincher. Most 25s measure about 27-28, so mine may have less with an actual 25.

What size frame is yours?
BB

Coffee & carbon

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

wheelsONfire wrote:I just don't get Pinarello. Why do they make F10 only with rim brakes and not even clearance for 28mm tires?

Because Pinarello have worked out that they only have to change the look of the bike with minor tweaking and people will still buy them by the pallet load. Pinarello have not implemented real change with any great frequency in recent years.
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

vlastrada

by vlastrada

in italy quite a few people were pretty p*ssed about waiting, saving, finally buying the F8 and then Pina pulls the F10 out of nowhere.
on Pinarello's FB page there are quite a few vitriolic comments. i understand them, a new frame every 2-2.5 yrs seems over the top.

on one thing only i agree with Pinarello, I don't see 28 tires or disc brakes on a top-end *race* bike as ''progress''. But hey i am not against it either, just not on my (race) bike : )

wingguy

by wingguy

dadoflam08 wrote:Because Pinarello have worked out that they only have to change the look of the bike with minor tweaking and people will still buy them by the pallet load. Pinarello have not implemented real change with any great frequency in recent years.

Who does?

To take an extreme example, Cervelo debuted the original S5 about the same time the Dogma 2 came out. Since then Pinarello have come out with the 65.1 Think2, F8 and now the F10. Cervelo have come out with the S5 v2... and now a new paintscheme on the S5 v2.

Quite a few companies are working on as much as a four year lifespan for a frame design and even then the successor may not be hugely different in appearance. Expecting Pina to come up with an entirely new platform every 2 years is not particularly realistic.

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

Given that many brands revise their offerings with far greater frequency and charge far less I personally am very disappointed with Pinarello's lack of effort in recent times and do expect that for the design premium charged for the Dogma, as compared to the actual production cost, that they would be more progressive and less lazy. I say this as someone who has a collection of Pinarello's dating back to the 1980's and a long affinity with the brand. Contemporary tire size clearances and even disc brakes are not too much to ask.
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

wingguy

by wingguy

dadoflam08 wrote:Given that many brands revise their offerings with far greater frequency

So again I ask, who does?

Contemporary tire size clearances and even disc brakes are not too much to ask.

Ok, that's not a question of laziness or lack of change, it's just a case of their priorities not lining up with your desires.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I just don't see who really wishes to buy the F8 now that F10 is out. Which makes me wonder why F8X light and F8 disc is available instead of these versions in F10.
Personally i guess all these will be available in F10 versions pretty soon inspite of what the boss claims.
Why not also K10 and K10-S.

Disc brake option and clearance for wider tires may not be appealing to all. But it surely broaden the field of protential buyers.

All these F8 and F10 versions seems crazy to me. Could it not just be 2-3 versions.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

iliedanila

by iliedanila

wheelsONfire wrote:
Disc brake option and clearance for wider tires may not be appealing to all.

Well, disc brakes are the way this industry is going. For a few years we're gonna be fine with rim braking, but after that we're gonna be stuck in the past.

Regarding wider tyres, I think you need to have choices. If you like 23, go with 23. Same with 25 and 28. But if you like how 28 feels like and wanna buy a frame, I don't think you're gonna settle for a frame with clearance for max 25..

I wouldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

wingguy wrote:
Contemporary tire size clearances and even disc brakes are not too much to ask.

Ok, that's not a question of laziness or lack of change, it's just a case of their priorities not lining up with your desires.

I'm fine with 25mm tyres and until my beloved Campagnolo bring out disc brakes I don't have to worry about that any time soon. My point is that Pinarello fans have been drip-fed an ongoing evolution of the Dogma platform when most could be accomplished sooner and with less sub versions - which cause incremental obsolescence for those who buy them. With the F8 Pinarello have finally created a worthy successor to the Prince. Unfortunately it took 7 or 8 years of painfully slow evolution and multiple models to shed the weight and get things sorted into a great bike. Maybe the inevitable F10.2 or F11 will enable use of different tyres and brake systems, albeit with yet another sub-version and long after it could have.

rodebaron51

by rodebaron51

Beanbiken: you dare to ride the bike with 1.5mm clearance??? I would shit my pants!
Pascal

2012 Colnago C59 MTBK Camapgnolo Hyperon Ultra 2 and Campi SR11
2014 Merida Big 99 CF team fully
2015 Pinarello F8 Sky Campagnolo Bora Utra 2 and Campi SR11 EPS (RIP after crash)
2016 Trek Mad-One Limited Team Edition

survivor

by survivor

beanbiken wrote:
survivor wrote:
fogman wrote:My F8 has plenty of clearance for 25mm tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. My F8 also has penty of clearance for 25mm tires.

Not sure why anyone would mention there isn't enough clearance for 25mm tire :noidea:

Hmm, not sure what your frame size is but mine is a 50 and clearance between the top of the rear tyre and the brake bridge is damn close. I have picked up a stone [small] and had the rear wheel actually lock up. all other spots to front and rear wheel have heaps of clearance, it is only to the rear brake bridge and caliper.

Steve

My F8 frame size is 470.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

rodebaron51 wrote:Beanbiken: you dare to ride the bike with 1.5mm clearance??? I would shit my pants!

Yep I do. Received my replacement frame yesterday [insurance claim] 2016/17 size 50 F8 and not sure how much but would guess clearance is about 5-6mm, will actually measure tonight.....
BB

Coffee & carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com