2017 PINARELLO F10

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gewichtweenie

by gewichtweenie

BeeSeeBee wrote:You don't think that Sinyard going up to Alberta to apologize to the shop owner in person, making a public apology with him, and stating they would change their policies is taking responsibility? Specialized got raked over the coals during the week this was going on, and obviously still years later, so what else are you looking for, an actual public flogging?

better question to ask is whether Sinyard would have taken any action at all if the issue didn't crop up on social media; whether they would have quietly just steamrolled a small business

if i may be allowed to extend upon the other poster's tangent on why he would never buy specialized, how about:
*their penchant for introducing ugly, tacky gimmicks. see: cgr, zertz, and that stem suspension
*their ugly venge and its wild claims
*their championing the overmarketing of aero (please never let me hear that dribble about aero benefits slow riders more again)
*their manchild creative director and his juvenile 'fUCI' press-bait-bike

i don't know what runs in the water in morgan hill but i dont like the smell of their company culture/ethos/etc

to their credit, the 1980s rockhoppers and stumpjumpers were great bikes :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Epic-o

by Epic-o

gewichtweenie wrote:
*their championing the overmarketing of aero (please never let me hear that dribble about aero benefits slow riders more again)

That dribble is actually true

gewichtweenie

by gewichtweenie

Epic-o wrote:
gewichtweenie wrote:

But not meaningful.

If rider A takes 1 hour to complete a set distance (say, a 40km tt), and rider B takes 999 hours to complete the same distance, rider B has way more time to potentially shave.

No matter how itty bitty tiny incrementally faster B gets from this aero saving, they will have a 'bigger savings' than A.

Is that saving meaningful in the context of riding a bike fast? For your 0.04kmph riding buddy?

Shrike

by Shrike

gewichtweenie wrote:
Epic-o wrote:
gewichtweenie wrote:

But not meaningful.

If rider A takes 1 hour to complete a set distance (say, a 40km tt), and rider B takes 999 hours to complete the same distance, rider B has way more time to potentially shave.

No matter how itty bitty tiny incrementally faster B gets from this aero saving, they will have a 'bigger savings' than A.

Is that saving meaningful in the context of riding a bike fast? For your 0.04kmph riding buddy?

What's meaningful in terms of speed is subjective, a nasty mix of condescending, puerile, elitist and offensive to suggest that slower riders' benefits aren't meaningful.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Just saw an f10 in my local bike shop. Frame says 'made in italy'. when did this happen? thought all pinarellos were made in taiwan
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

gewichtweenie

by gewichtweenie

Shrike wrote:
What's meaningful in terms of speed is subjective, a nasty mix of condescending, puerile, elitist and offensive to suggest that slower riders' benefits aren't meaningful.

Yep, what's most meaningful to slow riders is a new aero helmet, shoe covers, and bike frame with concave downtube.

Think of all the time saved.

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

I dunno, but when I see relatively slower riders on rides, they still seem to enjoy whatever equipment they have. Sure, I think most of them know that they're not fast, they can't win races, but they feel good about themselves and being out and about enjoying the scenery, riding, and being with their friends. Even if they can't reap all the benefits of aero equipment, isn't the good feeling they get out of having them worth something? After all, for non-professionals, cycling is about having fun and getting/staying fit. If a bit of equipment contributes towards their health and well-being, I say, go for it :)

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

fromtrektocolnago wrote:Just saw an f10 in my local bike shop. Frame says 'made in italy'. when did this happen? thought all pinarellos were made in taiwan

Always been like that. They get painted in Italy and that allows them to say that a certain percentage of the "value" is derived in Italy and thus are able to legally slap a sticker on it that says "Made In Italy". Bikes aren't the only products that take advantage of that little loophole.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

if only so-called fast riders bought the new junk being made none it would be commercially viable. so if aero-helmets are your thing maybe you should thank the 10 mph rider going out in one.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Calnago wrote:
fromtrektocolnago wrote:Just saw an f10 in my local bike shop. Frame says 'made in italy'. when did this happen? thought all pinarellos were made in taiwan

Always been like that. They get painted in Italy and that allows them to say that a certain percentage of the "value" is derived in Italy and thus are able to legally slap a sticker on it that says "Made In Italy". Bikes aren't the only products that take advantage of that little loophole.

yea, italy is bad like that. learned long ago how italian's are importing chinese truffles and selling them as made in italy...
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

Mep

by Mep

Is there gonna be an X Lite Froomie exclusive version?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I thought the Dogmas were made in China now(?)

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, I think they are... made in China that is, vs Taiwan, if that's what you're getting at. But I think the gist of the question was about them not being made in Italy, and not really distinguishing between Taiwan or China.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

The F10 show up at my LBS has a 'Made in Italy' sticker on the seat tube. But as far as I know F8 is made in China before shipping to Italy for paint and I would expect F10 the same.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

ipenguinking wrote:The F10 show up at my LBS has a 'Made in Italy' sticker on the seat tube. But as far as I know F8 is made in China before shipping to Italy for paint and I would expect F10 the same.

Pinarello would be smart to build the entire f10 in Italy, even if that means purchasing the carbon from japan, etc. They market the bike as Italian and it would help justify the $6,000 price tag. They do small things like design in an italian threaded bottom bracket(even over the more popular english standard ) and then basically build it in china and simply paint it in italy or do just enough value added work to qualify for the made in italy label. a real shame in my book. some may not care, but i do. the made in italy badge was something i liked about my c59 and the made in usa was something that attracted me to my trek 5200 way back.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)