Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:45 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:46 am
Posts: 3
I have the new VIAS and want to transfer my Zipp 404 tubulars with dura ace 7900 cassette onto the new frame which has 9070 Di2 onboard. obviously this is an 11 speed. any ideas how to make the conversion from 10 to 11 speed using the original pre 2012 hub as Zipp say its not possible. I have heard you can put campy on with a campy cassette and run it with 9000 dura ace chain???


Top
   
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:07 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:24 pm
Posts: 42
What version hub? There is a seller on ebay that makes an aftermarket Shimano 11 speed freehub conversion kit that fits Zipp 188 V6 V7 hubs. I use one on my silver V6 2009-2011 zipp 188 hub on my 404s and it works great. No issues after about 1500 miles of riding.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:55 pm
Posts: 122
There is a comany that machines out a bit of the aluminium carrier (ultegra/105 cassettes) so that they fit an 11-speed cassette on a 10-speed freehub. There is a thread about it on slowtwitch.
Also, you can get an Edco monobloc cassette which accomplishes the same.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:45 pm
Posts: 88
get the campag conversion and use a campag 11spd cassette.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________
Firefly FF050
Scott Plasma 5 eTap
Trek Fuel EX9


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:30 am
Posts: 877
Location: So Cal
You have to re-dish the wheel...or is it plug n play?


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:36 am
Posts: 533
Location: Eastern Coast of the Baltic Sea
1flytriguy wrote:
What version hub? There is a seller on ebay that makes an aftermarket Shimano 11 speed freehub conversion kit that fits Zipp 188 V6 V7 hubs. I use one on my silver V6 2009-2011 zipp 188 hub on my 404s and it works great. No issues after about 1500 miles of riding.


Could you provide link to the seller?


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:31 am
Posts: 181
I have a complete Campag axle assembly for the 404, if you're interested. Unused.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:24 pm
Posts: 42
mrlobber wrote:
1flytriguy wrote:
What version hub? There is a seller on ebay that makes an aftermarket Shimano 11 speed freehub conversion kit that fits Zipp 188 V6 V7 hubs. I use one on my silver V6 2009-2011 zipp 188 hub on my 404s and it works great. No issues after about 1500 miles of riding.


Could you provide link to the seller?



Seller is uniquevelo2014. Steel bearing version is $99 and ceramic is $120

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Zipp-11- ... 2057336380


Top
   
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:47 am 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:34 pm
Posts: 522
Location: New Zero Kanada 43° 40' 0" N, 79° 25' 0" W
1flytriguy wrote:
mrlobber wrote:
1flytriguy wrote:
What version hub? There is a seller on ebay that makes an aftermarket Shimano 11 speed freehub conversion kit that fits Zipp 188 V6 V7 hubs. I use one on my silver V6 2009-2011 zipp 188 hub on my 404s and it works great. No issues after about 1500 miles of riding.


Could you provide link to the seller?



Seller is uniquevelo2014. Steel bearing version is $99 and ceramic is $120

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Zipp-11- ... 2057336380



I bought one of these last year. Works as advertised.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Compatibility Question - 11 speed Crankset & 9 Speed running gear

in Road

pfnsht

13

472

Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:31 pm

goodboyr View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Family Budget 5700 10 Speed to 11 Speed questions

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

Afnole16

15

1101

Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:06 pm

JamesGRC View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Campagnolo 11 speed crank w/ 9 speed chain Compatability

in Road

rgamble

6

944

Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:09 am

icenutter View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 1x conversion

in Road

illlili

3

330

Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:05 am

bm0p700f View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Campag 10 speed cassette with 11 speed chain?

in Road

campagowlo

5

662

Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:10 am

BRM View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], ernestkus, kgibbo1868, kurisu, leej88 and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited