Going to have a shot at installing eTap on Rotor cranks - anything to look out for?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Shrike

by Shrike

Took a fit and ordered eTap. Originally was planning on getting the chainset too, but everyone here says no, just leave Rotors (3D30) on. Okay so.. if I leave the Rotors on, am I going to have issues with eTap? Their marketing doesn't mention Rotor compatibility, but people say it works with Shimano, and Shimano works with Rotor ergo... shouldn't explode?

Wan't to stick on that NoQ aero chainring too. Looks baller :P

I do like the idea of leaving the cranks on. Adapters add weight and I'm generally not a fan of going near the bottom bracket.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stuartclark1977

by Stuartclark1977

i have rotor 3d24 (pf86 bb) on my tt bike with etap with zero issues and i'm using q-rings so can't see noq being an issue...

Shrike

by Shrike

Stuartclark1977 wrote:i have rotor 3d24 (pf86 bb) on my tt bike with etap with zero issues and i'm using q-rings so can't see noq being an issue...

Thanks! Reassuring.

Next problem seems to be that I ordered eTap from somewhere that may not even have it in stock :lol:

1415chris

by 1415chris

I have been on Etap and Rotor 3D+with QXL /52/36 for the last 10 months. I can imagine there could be better setups, but nothing serious making me changing it.
It took me a while to get to the point I can say I am pleased with how FD operates.
Still one small think remaining. Being on big ring and last few big on the cassette, going over crap road sections, not applying tension to the chain, it drops to small ring from time to time.
I had exactly the same set on R5 and did not have this issue at all. It could be the case that the chain line in S5 is different (?) or still more time needed to play with FD setup.....

Front derailleur will be your the most challenging part anyway.