Colnago Super vs Colnago Master X-light

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kupepe

by Kupepe

Hello,

I am riding a modern build of a Colnago super circa '78-'79 in Sarroni red. I am a 1.92m tall 90 kilos, and a spinner (100-105 cadence) with good cardio since I dont really have mountains where I live since I am located by the sea. I completely love the bike. These days I have this urge to substitute the frame with a modern Colnago Master X-light ... in Saronni red. The Super is my second bike, after a carbon I had. Somehow it made me sell the carbon :P. It is a solid bike but, besides getting this consumer urge, I feel that when I press the pedals hard, when I ride with my friends, or I am off the bike trying to imitate Contador in grace ( :P ) ... the bike flexes a bit and energy is not transferred in the wheels, probably due to having Columbus SL tubing. I do not expect to have the power transfer the carbon bike had with its bb30 bottom bracket. Different material and different geometry.

Could someone explain me how much different is the late 70s Super to the modern steel Master, besides the difference the fork brings (Curved vs Precisa)?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com