Ceramicspeed BB with Clavicula

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KCookie

by KCookie

KCookie wrote:Yeah me neither. When you google them on the web there's different finishes. Most have the red wheel. But the black looks awesome.I'll contact Starbike for more information.
Please post pics of yours with weight once you get them.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Fixie82

by Fixie82

There's a few options for bottom bracket bearings for 30mm spindles and BB86. AITA are quality, Rotor are ok, Enduro are a good option as well. I'm really liking the Hope set I have in at the moment and they are only around $80 a set.

Do a search for 4130 BB to find options, mostly discussed in relation to Rotor cranks. There are a few threads on here about 30mm spindles in BB86

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

Ok thanks Fixie82. I'll look at a few more. The Ceramicspeed are the most expensive so far. $293.
Have you any a experience with AITA as i hadn't heard of them until yesterday. Hope seem cheap. Cheers

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Yep used AITA in wheel bearings and one BB. So far for the money Hope beats anything I've had in 4130 BBs. Smooth spinning with good seals and excellent tolerances on the cups on my pair. A massive step up from the Rotor BBs. Have you also checked out Kogel from Lead Out Sports? Good bunch of guys and good product from what I hear.

For the money though Hope is where it's at

KCookie

by KCookie

Yeah i took a look at hope and kogel. Unfortunately The hope were quite heavy, this is WW after all. Lol. Did you weigh your BB before you installed it. ?
Still leaning towards AITA or Ceramicspeed. We still do a little more research.

Fixie82

by Fixie82

No didn't weight them, quality and reliability are worth more to me from a BB than weight. Especially in 4130 where they don't deal well with tolerance or alignment issues.

If you need the weight savings of ceramic bearings than go AITA and support an Australian business, the warranty on them is awesome too.

KCookie

by KCookie

Ive been sending emails to AITA telling them what BB i need from the information you guys have kindly given me, and this is the email they sent back. So im still not sure if they have one. Image

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Isn't that exactly what you want? That's a BB86 bearing for 30mm spindles, or a 4130 bearing.

KCookie

by KCookie

Thats what i told them. Just keep asking for more information.

KCookie

by KCookie

Yes, best way i think. The write up does sound good as well as the weight. Plus quick delivery and buying local.
The Ceraminspeed still seem a great choice to, but about 3 weeks to get here and they are $60 more. Decisions. Thanks for all your help. Appreciated.

benp

by benp

Fixie82 wrote:For the money though Hope is where it's at

Agreed. I have two bikes requiring the bearings you need. I initially started with Rotor ceramic, however discovered they had poor sealing. One wet ride and they ended up gritty. Had to strip and clean as best I could every time. Tried the steel, but based on the same design, same problem. Fitted Hope bearings, haven't touched either pair in over a year, despite some particularly extreme weather.
I would sacrifice reliability over a slight weight increase, especially on a press fit component. It's not something you should be removing regularly to clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk