ax Leaf Plus saddle?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kgt

by kgt

Has anyone tried it? I can get it slightly used for half the price and I wonder how it feels. I now use an SLR carbonio saddle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sungod

by sungod

i've used an ax leaf almost four years, it's my favourite saddle ever, fine on long rides 5-6 hours, fwiw i'm 77-80kg

the cutoff is really effective at preventing any pressure, there's enough flex to reduce road buzz on poorer surface and soften jolts

my only slight criticism is that it'd be nice if it wasn't so slippery, not a huge issue though and the plus version should solve even that

but as with any saddle, it's really a matter of if it's a good fit for you, only sure way to find out is to try it

kgt

by kgt

Thank you.
I weight 77-80kg as well and I find SLR's shape rather comfortable. AX Leaf looks like it has a similar shape to SLR that's why I am considering it.

Seedster

by Seedster

I have the standard Leaf (without leather insterts) and i love it. I moved from a Selle Italia Kit Carbonio Flow saddle and i think it is as comfortable because of the similar flat shape. The weight is great and it flexes enough to make it great for longer rides.

mrgray

by mrgray

my favourite. got one from the weight weenies bike comp and thought it would be a dud as i am 89 kg. lo and behold it was a joy! i now have 3 of them. just so comfortable for me. slr was not good for me, too narrow. leaf is quite flat and 143 mm i think and perfect for this rear end and weighs almost nothing!
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I have the leather full wrap.. works for me. I like my Spesh Power better but then my butt decided differently and I went back to the leaf.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

alcatraz

by alcatraz

spdntrxi wrote:I have the leather full wrap.. works for me. I like my Spesh Power better but then my butt decided differently and I went back to the leaf.

So there is a conflict between your head and your butt.

/a

2old4this

by 2old4this

:-)

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

alcatraz wrote:
spdntrxi wrote:I have the leather full wrap.. works for me. I like my Spesh Power better but then my butt decided differently and I went back to the leaf.

/a

nah my butt changed .. I used the power for nearly a year.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

RedCoke

by RedCoke

alcatraz wrote:

/a

In my humble opinion, butt is more important than head in cycling world..... :P

thumper88

by thumper88

I will pile on and say that I have a Leaf plus exactly as shown in the phot (starbike purchase, props for the sponsor) and was extremely surprised to find that it was not just tolerable but plenty comfortable to the point where I don't notice it till maybe four hours in.
My other saddles are various fiziks with cutouts which all fit me really well, particarly the Aliante... and a specialized s-works Romin.
The leaf plus weighs out at 86 grams....

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Have the leaf on my c60 right now and while I'm not hating it, I'm not loving it either.. sit bones get a bit sore after 70-80km's of riding.. The Tune Komm Vor was much more comfy if anything.. Discussing saddle comfort is like talking about ones favorite color.. its all respective to ones preference.
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Deleted, double post, apols
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jrobart

by jrobart

thumper88 wrote:I will pile on and say that I have a Leaf plus exactly as shown in the phot (starbike purchase, props for the sponsor) and was extremely surprised to find that it was not just tolerable but plenty comfortable to the point where I don't notice it till maybe four hours in.
My other saddles are various fiziks with cutouts which all fit me really well, particarly the Aliante... and a specialized s-works Romin.
The leaf plus weighs out at 86 grams....

Thumper88:

I'm thinking about this saddle as well and currently have Spec Romin Pros on 3 bikes. What size Romin do you ride, and How would you compare the two?
Current: Seven 622 SLX | Seven OVRLND XX | Fondriest Carbon Magister | Yeti SB100 |
Retired: Litespeed T5G | Seven Axiom SL| Seven Mudhoney SL|S Works Crux |Fat CAAD 1 |

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com