Cannondale Six13 Frame Weight

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Sizzler

by Sizzler

Hey there, first time poster, long time listener. I know this frame is a bit dated, but apparently people like me still buy them. Finding accurate information on their weight has been fairly difficult, with discrepancies as much as 400g depending on the source. So, before I build this up, I thought I would post some numbers for anyone else who may be looking for the same information later on.

This is a 54cm 2006 Cannondale Six13 Team frame with a Premium+ fork. The frame with the derailleur hanger only (no bb bearings, cage bolts, seatpost clamp, headset, etc.) weighs 1205g. The fork with factory star-nut, adjusted to factor out the crown race already installed weighs 340g.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sizzler

by Sizzler

I wanted to add that I previously owned a 54cm 2005 Six13, which was the three carbon tube version, with BSA bottom bracket and Si fork. Unfortunately, I do not have photos of the actual weights, but my notes indicate the bare frame and fork together weighed 1680g. If memory serves correctly (actually confirmed by many sources) the Si fork itself weighed around 300g, meaning the frame weighed about 1380g, which is significantly heavier than the 2006 two carbon tube version. This may account for the range of weights found elsewhere regarding this frameset.

KC

by KC

One of my favorite frames. I have two here that are both stripped down waiting for me to start a winter project. One is bb30. I think mine are both around 1174ish. I'll confirm with a photo.

This is the frame that started "legalize my Cannondale" marketing program. They weigh about the same as any other caad though. The premium plus fork was a great one.

KC

by KC

Here is the 54 with threaded bb, 1175. It was 13.6lbs with ti speed plays and Ciamillo Micros with some 1400 gram wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sizzler

by Sizzler

Nice, thanks for posting! Interesting weight difference between the BB30 and the BSA versions.

Mine will be a pretty standard Sram build with Pro Vibe cockpit, so nothing really weight focused, just stuff I have on hand. Maybe I'll post final weight later on.

KC

by KC

Here is the bb30 version. This includes the stock bb30 bearings. Which puts this frame at 1160 with the hanger roughly. This frame is an older 2003 version.

Stock fork with star nut

A heavier than normal ec90slx, I also have one that weighs 269 with 200mm steerer.

Stock bearings without clips plus some fsa ceramic you save a few here too.

Also note I will use the fsa SL headset bearings which are alloy and save 20 ish grams on this build.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KC

by KC

Had to add this.

Image.

Plus a polished Six13. Which I'd love to do.