Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:59 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:21 pm 

So, is there any difference between Look Keo Blade 2 Carbon Ti 2016 and 2017 version?

I can see them they look same, but different price. Is there any reason to go for 2017 version?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:22 am 

I have both the 2016 and 2017 Kéo Blade 2 Carbon Ti. I believe the only difference between the two is the graphics on the carbon blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:22 am 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:10 am 

I work in a road shop that sells SPD SL, Look, and Speedplay. I can say without a moment of hesitation, that based on my experiences, the DA 9000's are the finest pedal ever made. Absolutely flawless. "except for weight". Silky smooth AND extremely durable bearings, low stack height, super wide platform, and fantastic cleat interface. I use these personally as well, and they just work. Each and every time. Over and over again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:30 pm 

I just ordered Kéo Blade 2 Carbon Ti 2017.

I Confirm that the only difference to 2016 model is just a graphic, but i got nice discount so the price wont differ too much from 2016 model (and i prefer 2017 graphics)

I had serious dilemma should i go with Shimano or Look? But at the end i realized that there is not so many other places to lost weight on my bike, and at the end weight difference won :)

Im using Look Keo 2 Max Carbon for last 2000 km, and no problems until now. I hope it will be the same with the Keo Blade Ti as well.

Thanks for everyone who help in this thread.I'll share my experience as soon as i got them, and build some km's on them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:49 pm 

Well, I added weight going from Speedplay Ti to Shimano DA9100 pedals and I couldn't be happier. Sometimes weight is the last thing to consider when it comes to certain components. I also ditched my ultralight QR skewers for the heavy Campy skewers and couldn't be happier. It eliminated my front wheels getting knocked off-center while using the ultralight QR.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:19 pm 

cyclespeed wrote:
Longevity? Avoiding having to put a weight limit on? Price? (I reckon for a 50$ premium, there'd be plenty of takers).

$50 premium? That's the best joke I've heard in ages :wink:

Speedplay has a ~ £150 premium for ti over stainless, Look a touch more than that for ti over cromoly, Time a £100 premium for ti over hollow stainless... If DA had a ti axle option they'd be over £350 RRP for a pair of pedals, guaranteed.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:53 am 

Good luck with the Kéo Blade 2 Carbon Ti pedals. I bought 2 sets of 2016 models and I hate them. I have never said that about any pedal ever and I've used a few. Mine did not spin well, never dropped into position and worst of all had a lot of lateral movement (not float) making my hip unstable. Had a bike fit and was advised to replace them with Speedplays Zeros which I have done and they are so stable, I love them.
I do have a set of 2006 Look Keos Ti's on another and they are great so the issues seem to be with the new style ones.
I have used Speedplay before but switched in 2006 because my X1's kept getting dirty and locked me in a few times which put me off but that was during winter riding on muddy lanes.
I was also advised against the Ti Speedplays because the axle length is shorter i think) and the fitter did not feel it would be ideal for my hips.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:25 am 
Administrator

I've been on the Look Keo Carbon Blade Ti pedals for a few months. I like them but Time Xpresso 12's are definitely easier to get into the pedal. Maybe I just need more time on the pedals since I rode the Times for almost 5 years.

FYI. My Looks do not creak.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:11 pm 

Will be interesting to see how removal of needle bearings in 9100 version impacts long term durability.
Just followed the advice (buying dura ace) for "How to stop your Look Blades creaking". :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:18 pm 

smart man. You can spend your time dicking around with pedals to make them stop squeeking, rocking, knocking, or you can ride your bike.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:45 pm 

Or get yourself Keywins and ride you bike :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:04 pm 

In last months, im riding between 200-300 km per week, and at least 3000 meteres climbing per week.

The fact that i just ordered Look Keo Blade Ti pedals wont change this at all. First i tried Look Keo Max Carbon for last 2000 km, and since there is some noise, it's not that bad. If Keo Blade work like that, then no problems for me.

Before Look, i was riding on Time Xpresso 10 for last 6000-7000 km. Bearings (or bushings), just died, the plastic screw for adjusting was broken in first attempt to adjust, and cleats last for max 500 km. Also dont like how easy can exit (i had to do a bunny hope on 50 km/h and i got uncliped in the middle of air. I had so much luck to dont crash my self).

So based on my experience Look Keo Max Carbon worked better then Time Xpresso. And based on that decided to go for Keo Blades. If they dont work,i'll just sale them and be richer in one experience. Nothing lost :)

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:11 pm 

I'm on the point to change my Look Keo 2 Max pedals and from what I've read here I should stay away from Keo Blade (although my first choice would be the new Kéo Blade Carbon Ti Pedal - 2017) because of the noise in the first place.
The other option is Shimano Dura Ace 9100, here my main concern is that the biggest float available is 3" compared to my actual 9" from Look reds (I had some knee problems but not from too little float, I kept changed the cleats and now I'm used with 9" but I think less float would be okay also).
Time pedals, I don't know too much...
Choices choices choices... what should I buy :) ?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:27 pm 

[quote="muntos"
The other option is Shimano Dura Ace 9100, here my main concern is that the biggest float available is 3" compared to my actual 9" from Look reds [/quote]

You should realize that the 3 degree float of the Shimano yellow cleats is 3 degrees left and right, so you have a total of 6 degrees of float with it. The yellow floats about the center of the pedal.

The Shimano blue cleat offers 2 degrees of total float and floats about the toe of the cleat.

The Shimano red cleat is a fixed option and offers no float.

Attachments:
spd-sl cleat differences.jpg
spd-sl cleat differences.jpg [ 3.73 KiB | Viewed 643 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:18 pm 

muntos wrote:
I'm on the point to change my Look Keo 2 Max pedals and from what I've read here I should stay away from Keo Blade (although my first choice would be the new Kéo Blade Carbon Ti Pedal - 2017) because of the noise in the first place.
The other option is Shimano Dura Ace 9100, here my main concern is that the biggest float available is 3" compared to my actual 9" from Look reds (I had some knee problems but not from too little float, I kept changed the cleats and now I'm used with 9" but I think less float would be okay also).
Time pedals, I don't know too much...
Choices choices choices... what should I buy :) ?

Im having Time Xpresso for long time, and was Time pedals user for years.. I switched to Look Keo Max Carbon, and prefered compared to Time Xpresso (cleats on Xpresso lasted max 500 km, on Look 2000 km and still look like new).

Time also had problems with bushings after a while (this can be upgraded easely for bearings), and also i dont like lateral movement (on climbs i dont have my feet stable). During the bunny hop high speed, both feet got disconnected from pedals, and i was very lucky to dont crash. Based on nice experience i had with Look Max Carbons, i ordered Look Keo Blade Ti 2017, and waiting for them now.

The only thing i prefered Time vs Look, vas more easy to clip in.I understund that everyone here prefer the Shimano Durace, but i dont like the weight. If im not satisfied with Keo Ti, i'll go for Durace. But im the type of rider who sometimes like to experiment with equipment. If i did not want that, probably i would pick Durace :)

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:18 pm 

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next