Another Pedal Thread..

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

Because the bearing system uses the axle as the surface the balls roll on, rather than just being what the inner race of a cartridge beating sits on, therefore the material used plays more of a part in the performance

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hexsense

by Hexsense

TheDarkInstall wrote:Because the bearing system uses the axle as the surface the balls roll on, rather than just being what the inner race of a cartridge beating sits on, therefore the material used plays more of a part in the performance

therefore Titanium axle with piece of steel insert only at contact point which work as inner race of bearings would make it better, right?

ab01ns

by ab01ns

I'm going to put my two cents in to Look Keo Blade carbon. I rode time before.

the looks give me a better range of cleat adjustment options. the TI spindle version is light enough for me and I like the feel of the tension and the float.
20% cyclist/80% J.I.T

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

Hexsense wrote:
TheDarkInstall wrote:Because the bearing system uses the axle as the surface the balls roll on, rather than just being what the inner race of a cartridge beating sits on, therefore the material used plays more of a part in the performance

therefore Titanium axle with piece of steel insert only at contact point which work as inner race of bearings would make it better, right?

Certainly. This would be a rather complex titanium-steel arrangement however, due to the nature of the Dura Ace bearing arrangement, requiring 3 steel sleeves, to handle the 3 bearings contact points (one of which is a long needle bearing) so it might not end up saving much weight. On the 9100 the needle bearing is gone however, so it could work out better on these new ones.

3Pio

by 3Pio

ab01ns wrote:I'm going to put my two cents in to Look Keo Blade carbon. I rode time before.

the looks give me a better range of cleat adjustment options. the TI spindle version is light enough for me and I like the feel of the tension and the float.

Ok, i switched few rides ago on Look Keo2 Max Carbon pedals (i bought them last season, just to test Look system). Also wanted to test which tension is good for me and since i ride two clicks In from the lowest settings, i guess this is comparable to Look Keo 2 Carbon 12Nm (good i tried, as first i think that 16Nm will be the right one).

But please someone confirm me this. If i ride Look Keo2 Max Carbon two clicks in from the lowest setting, i need 12Nm or 16Nm Look Keo 2 Carbon?

And i can see 2017 version of Keo 2 Max Carbon Ti, beeing cheaper then just Keo 2 Max Carbon Ti. Is there any difference at all between 2017 version and older version ?

Now let me compare Look Keo2 Max Carbon to my Time:

- Clip In

Its definetly easier on Time Xpresso, but maybe im not used of this Look (since i ride them only for last 300 km).

The problem i have with Look is that they are always on wrong side, so i need to look down to find where to clip in. I guess i'll get used of it after more riding.

- Clip Out

On Time it's to easy for me, and i have often cliped out when i dont want. On Look its better. There is a moment when u know u are clipping out

- Whole feeling

Seem that i prefer Look vs Time. On Time when i push hard, i hate that lateral movement, and also sometimes i feel like this take some of my energy in that movement. On Look its stiff feeling, and i can feel whole my energy is going where should be going.

On Time it's easier to setup clits to dont have knee pain, on Look first ride i had some pain, but i adjusted very easy and now everything fine (im using 4.5 degrees gray cleats).

- Creaking

On Time no Any Creaking, on Look first ride i had some, but on last ride (134 km), no creaking at all.

- Walking

I have fer meters i need to walk until i start riding (like 10-15 meters). Better waling on the look cleats, and also seem that Look Cleats will last much more (on Time this is the weakest point. I was buying new cleats every 1500 km, max i rode was 3000 km but in reality i should replace them much earlier).

I'll give few more rides, but until now seem that i really like how Look Keo system works. If this continue in few more rides, ill switch to Keo Blade 2 Carbon Ti, since they are very light. Just hope that they'll have the same feeling as Keo Max 2 Carbon im riding now.

Another thing why i wanted to test Look setup, is because of powermeters based on their cleats. Very interested in BePro Pedal based Power Meter

PinaF8

by PinaF8

Juanmoretime wrote:The place I ordered my Dura Ace pedals where out of stock so I wound up with the Look Keo Max Blade carbon ti. 183 grams for the pair and no issues in about 200 KM of riding. Still have Xpresso's on the tt bike but may change if the Blades are still to my liking in a few more months. I really wanted to try the Dura Ace but the weight of the Looks made the decision change by me okay.

The DA pedals are butter smooth compared to what I've experienced with Look KEO blade pedals.
S-WORKS VENGE 1ST GEN
PINARELLO F8
PINARELLO F10
2018 BMC SLR01
2019 SCOTT SPARK RC 900

Jopie666

by Jopie666

Time still makes the old RXS pedals. And that is not without reason! It is still their best pedal but they "had to" come up with something new. I went from shimando's ultegra, DA to Time rxs because: they are very light, the cleats last forever, no horizontal play (or how do you call this?) because of wear and they are very reasonably priced.
I had to get used to the immense float but now it feels very nice. No worries for knee injuries and not so critical alignment.
Newer isn't always better....
Oh, it's all right. I'm sure that we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults that we are. Isn't that right, Mr... Poopy Pants?

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

Exactly, and the Young's modulus of Titanium alloy is quite low, making it less than an ideal bearing surface.

DavidMLee

by DavidMLee

I use Look Keo 2 Blade..

After using 2 weeks, it started creaking..

Anyone solved this problem?
Legend HT 9.5 RED 22
Colnago C60 Super Record
S-Works Tarmac 2016 eTap
S-Works Tarmac 2015 DA
Cervelo R3 2015 UT
Cervelo S2 2014 UT
Spesh Venge Elite 105

Jopie666

by Jopie666

DavidMLee wrote:I use Look Keo 2 Blade..

Yep... bought Time rxs. [emoji6]
Oh, it's all right. I'm sure that we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults that we are. Isn't that right, Mr... Poopy Pants?

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

DavidMLee wrote:I use Look Keo 2 Blade..

Use normal cleats and not the 'grip' version.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

3Pio

by 3Pio

So, is there any difference between Look Keo Blade 2 Carbon Ti 2016 and 2017 version?

I can see them they look same, but different price. Is there any reason to go for 2017 version?

fogman

by fogman

I have both the 2016 and 2017 Kéo Blade 2 Carbon Ti. I believe the only difference between the two is the graphics on the carbon blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

I work in a road shop that sells SPD SL, Look, and Speedplay. I can say without a moment of hesitation, that based on my experiences, the DA 9000's are the finest pedal ever made. Absolutely flawless. "except for weight". Silky smooth AND extremely durable bearings, low stack height, super wide platform, and fantastic cleat interface. I use these personally as well, and they just work. Each and every time. Over and over again.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

3Pio

by 3Pio

I just ordered Kéo Blade 2 Carbon Ti 2017.

I Confirm that the only difference to 2016 model is just a graphic, but i got nice discount so the price wont differ too much from 2016 model (and i prefer 2017 graphics)

I had serious dilemma should i go with Shimano or Look? But at the end i realized that there is not so many other places to lost weight on my bike, and at the end weight difference won :)

Im using Look Keo 2 Max Carbon for last 2000 km, and no problems until now. I hope it will be the same with the Keo Blade Ti as well.

Thanks for everyone who help in this thread.I'll share my experience as soon as i got them, and build some km's on them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com