Selle Italia C59

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

leej88

by leej88

Manufacturer stated weight of 63 grams.

Shape looks similar to the SLR Tekno Flow.

Has anyone ordered theirs? Uber light saddles have always been made by boutique manufacturers such as Berk, Becker, Tune, Ax-lightness, Dash, etc.... Good to see Selle Italia back at it again with a new offering for 2017.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/selle-italia-c59-saddle-48887/

Have to say it looks pretty darn good as well!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

Price tag is outrageous. $550 is over $200 more than Berk's Lupina for a sub 10 gram savings...

Kristinka

by Kristinka

I ordered mine two months ago. I was told to receive it by the end of January. I´ll post some pics then. I have been using SLR Tekno Flow so far.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Somehow I believe the overhead at Selle Italia is much higher than Berk's and any liability claims would be better handled by Selle Italia.

If it did not have a cut out, I would seriously be looking at that. Maybe next year they'll fill in the void.

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Kristinka wrote:I ordered mine two months ago. I was told to receive it by the end of January. I´ll post some pics then. I have been using SLR Tekno Flow so far.

Please report back when you have received it! I'm specifically interested to know how sharp the edges are, if they are as bib chewing sharp as the SLR C64. The C64 unfortunately has a very big apetite for bibs. Hope that the C59 doesn't have the same design flaw.

Wookski

by Wookski

wpccrunner wrote:Price tag is outrageous. $550 is over $200 more than Berk's Lupina for a sub 10 gram savings...

And the Berk was already pushing the boundaries, this is the cost of marginal gains. Maybe you can just pick up a farsports rip-off once it's available :D

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

JKolmo wrote:I'm specifically interested to know how sharp the edges are, if they are as bib chewing sharp as the SLR C64. The C64 unfortunately has a very big apetite for bibs.

I never had an issue with my C64 except when I hit a pot hole and it broke. Duct tape got me to work that day.

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

Out of curiosity, did you try to get Selle Italia to replace the saddle?

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

No, I suspect that it was a perfect storm when the saddle broke and I would not blame the company for making the lightest/best saddle I've ever owned.

I still have it and just maybe someday, I'll save it. It's just way to expensive to throw away.

Kristinka

by Kristinka

JKolmo wrote:
Kristinka wrote:I ordered mine two months ago. I was told to receive it by the end of January. I´ll post some pics then. I have been using SLR Tekno Flow so far.

Please report back when you have received it! I'm specifically interested to know how sharp the edges are, if they are as bib chewing sharp as the SLR C64. The C64 unfortunately has a very big apetite for bibs. Hope that the C59 doesn't have the same design flaw.

I personally do not think the edges would be different to SLR Tekno Flow. During "normal" ride I have no issues with the edges. However, I ride this saddle on my full suspension MTB so my only problem with sharp edges is when balancing behing the saddle in steep drops and downhill routes. I softened the edges by a sandpaper and made them more round.

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

Has anyone found a weight limit for this saddle? Really cool to see such a saddle from Selle Italia, but you can get just as light, and even lighter saddles from Gelu for a lot less. The 45-50 gram versions have a weight limit of 95 kg (these are only recommended for road use) and the 60-70 gram versions have a weight limit of 115 kg, and is also recommended for mtb use.

Kristinka

by Kristinka

The C59 has arrived. Pictured with Darimo 31,6x350mm seatpost.
Attachments
saddle_C59+seatpost_Darimo_.jpg
saddle_Selle_Italia_C59_.jpg

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Nice! Hmmm, interesting seems to be rolled-like edges, i.e not as sharp as the c64. Can you please confirm if the edges are sharp/catching when rubbing a finger over the edges? I might need to get one of these after all...[emoji3]

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

Kristinka wrote:The C59 has arrived. Pictured with Darimo 31,6x350mm seatpost.

Really nice;) Regarding my comment about the Gelu saddles, my saddle came in at 68 grams, which is 3 grams more than stated. They did offer me to return it for a new one, but when thinking about it twice, that would be kind of insane! And I'm really happy with the comfort of it. Have you tried out your saddle yet?

Just ordered a Darimo post myself btw. They expect mine to wight around 100 grams (27.2*350), as I wanted it with a 110kg weight limit. Schmolke calculated a weight of around 110 grams with my preferred specifications, so the Darimo is quite a bit lighter;)

Arfer01

by Arfer01

Results after stripping and re-clearing an SLR Tekno flow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com