Has anyone gone through WARRANTY or CRASH REPAIR with ASSOS?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

g32ecs

by g32ecs

:cry: crashed on my 3-ride old Assos Bonka. I'm pretty sad about it.

Just wondering has anyone gone through the process? Painful? Smooth?

I'm wondering if Assos will replace the entire left arm (crashed on my left. the damage is just on the external "shell". The some of the black parts are now gradient White )

amey

by amey

I have official word from the London shop here:
We will fix it no problem if they get in touch, sure it's free within first 3 months but if is just after maybe they will have to pay postage.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

g32ecs

by g32ecs

amey wrote:I have official word from the London shop here:
We will fix it no problem if they get in touch, sure it's free within first 3 months but if is just after maybe they will have to pay postage.

That's good to hear. I'm here in North America.

I was emailed by CS yesterday and they asked for images + receipt. Haven't heard from them since.

jekyll man

by jekyll man

I sent a pair of shorts back a few years ago after i burnt a hole through 1 of the panels in a velodrome pile up.

Repaired them well, and turn round was pretty quick (~10 days if i remember correctly).
That was through Yellow in the UK though.
Official cafe stop tester

yinya

by yinya

I had heard the same from the past about the repairs. In Brazil I tried to get after a crash my bibs fixed (crashed on hip) about a year ago. First the rep (in Rio) was very responsive, but after sending receipt didn't hear anything back. Sent two follow up emails, no response, gave up and am actively looking not to buy assos again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPA

by JPA

I did a similar thing last year by crashing while wearing my one ride old Assos 3/4 bib shorts and a year old Assos haBu5 jacket.

I contacted Assos US about their crash repair policy and heard back the following day asking for photos of the damage. They had to contact their Assos HQ repair department in Switzerland so there was a two and a half week wait after that email exchange. It was worth the wait though as they replaced the bibs and jacket with brand new items, simply asking me to send the damaged clothing back to their warehouse in NJ at my own expense. They even upgraded my 3/4 bib shorts to the next generation shorts... Assos did note that this was not the usual policy and was very much the exception as they would normally need to repair the items back in Switzerland. Maybe it was because they kept me waiting.

I'm very happy with the outcome... hopefully you have a similar experience!

g32ecs

by g32ecs

jekyll man wrote:I sent a pair of shorts back a few years ago after i burnt a hole through 1 of the panels in a velodrome pile up.

Repaired them well, and turn round was pretty quick (~10 days if i remember correctly).
That was through Yellow in the UK though.

did they change the entire panel or patched it?
Last edited by g32ecs on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

JPA wrote:I did a similar thing last year by crashing while wearing my one ride old Assos 3/4 bib shorts and a year old Assos haBu5 jacket.

I contacted Assos US about their crash repair policy and heard back the following day asking for photos of the damage. They had to contact their Assos HQ repair department in Switzerland so there was a two and a half week wait after that email exchange. It was worth the wait though as they replaced the bibs and jacket with brand new items, simply asking me to send the damaged clothing back to their warehouse in NJ at my own expense. They even upgraded my 3/4 bib shorts to the next generation shorts... Assos did note that this was not the usual policy and was very much the exception as they would normally need to repair the items back in Switzerland. Maybe it was because they kept me waiting.

I'm very happy with the outcome... hopefully you have a similar experience!

that's A+

I'm hoping they change the entire left arm shell + back pocket since it's all comprised of:

"The iJ.bonKa.6 features 32 pattern pieces, 6 different textiles and 13 components"

BTW, what happened with your Habu jacket and how old were they when they got ruined?

JPA

by JPA

The jacket had a total of 5 holes in the elbow area, 1x 0.5 inch diameter hole and 4x <0.25 inch diameter holes, all in 2 different textile panels of fabric.

For reference, the bib shorts had 1 hole in the knee, 2 inches in diameter in 1 textile panel.

Good luck!

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

I had a warranty issue, but mine was for sizing down clothing that I had shrunk out of during weight loss. I live is California and never dealt with Assos USA. I simply used the customer service form on the main Assos website and dealt with Assos corporate directly from there.

Issue: Weight loss had caused me to shrink out of my Assos Mille bibshorts.
Solution: Contacted Assos. Set up a claim after I produced the receipts for the shorts. Mailed them to Switzerland ($50 USD). Had shorts back within 2 weeks, torn apart and restitched down from size XLG to L. Assos covered return shipping.

Honestly one of the easiest, most satisfying customer service experiences I've ever had in dealing with any company. The shorts were bought from the Assos Factory Outlet online store, so I didn't even pay full pop for them. Assos still covered it as if I did.

Look forward to hearing about your experience and the resolution.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robo

by robo

+1 for Assos offering great customer service for repairs. I've sent a few things back to them following crashes (shorts) and things wearing out (bib tight seat-area) and they've repaired to a high standard. In my mind this more than justifies the premium price, I've been very impressed.