Lets see your S5 Garmin mount solutions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Shrike

by Shrike

Been looking around and not seeing much in the way of out front mounts that are level with the bars. Considering asking raceway to make some combo mounts like an Edge/GoPro and an Edge/Exposure. Is there stuff strong and durable?

Anyone else on the market worked out a way to make a good looking aero mount. Kills me to think I have to stick a Garmin on the stem with aero bars on. Just feels so wrong. :shock:

1415chris

by 1415chris

Check with Bar Fly when they are going to add to their offer Cervelo aero bar mount. Have been asking them few months ago, the answer was they would do that soon...
Imo, the best mount for this bar, at least judging from the pictures. You can also check on shapeways. There were few attempts on this bar's mount. Not as good as the BF, though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Bar Fly seems the best one as long as it would be available aftermarket. The 2017 Cervelos seem to come specced with it when using the Cervelo aerobar.

So, while the Bar Fly hasn't landed, I'm just using the standard stem mount (but I'm running 130mm, so plenty of room up there).
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Shrike

by Shrike

Nice thanks! Just Googled the Bar Fly and it looks trick. Need it. Think if I pester Cervelo I can get them to give/sell me one if they're handing these out with 2017 bikes? I am buying a 2017 Cervelo after all. Well 2016 really, (the black and white frame that they conveniently relabel as 2017) but they can't have it both ways right? :D

I have a Garmin stem mount that I dug out this morning. Pretty old school, but will do until I get that Bar Fly. raceware got back to me this morning saying no chance of a combo mount or out-front aero mount from them. If I can't wrestle a Bar Fly mount out of some party I'll get a race ware I guess..

Edit: emailed both Cervelo and Bar Fly now. Finger's crossed.

Pic of mythical mount for anyone stumbling on this thread in the future:

Last edited by Shrike on Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

jih

by jih

I designed and printed my own...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om8t1QeNfD4&t=5s

(appols for sideways video - shot quickly on phone - have a newer/better version now)

Shrike

by Shrike

jih wrote:I designed and printed my own...

(appols for sideways video - shot quickly on phone - have a newer/better version now)

Looks class too! Love the HTFU touch :D

Kickstart it? I'd buy one for sure if there was a 520 or 820 version. Any issues with the two you made so far? Durability, stability etc?

Pic for slackers:

shinzomaeda

by shinzomaeda

I have a Fetha mount which I switch between S5 handle bar on one bike and normal bars on the other. Mounts from the lower stem bolts. I bought two stem pieces and just change the front piece. Works great.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shinzomaeda

by shinzomaeda

I'll try to get a picture of the other bar solution :)

Shrike

by Shrike

Nice, yes something that works simply by attaching from the lower stem bolts would be ideal really. Haven't got my hands on the bike yet so wasn't sure if there was enough clearance for that sort of thing. That's ace though that it's doable, surprised I didn't see this before when doing my search then!

jih

by jih

Shrike wrote:
jih wrote:I designed and printed my own...

Looks class too! Love the HTFU touch :D

Kickstart it? I'd buy one for sure if there was a 520 or 820 version. Any issues with the two you made so far? Durability, stability etc?

Pic for slackers:

I could put it on Shapeways and provide printed ones for sale that way.

A 520/820 one would be doable if you could provide measurements of the device since I only have a G1000 to hand.

shinzomaeda

by shinzomaeda

I have attached a GoPro mount underneath too, for either my fly12 light/camera or a standard GoPro setup. Works a treat, and adjustable. Although if using any Garmin bigger than a 520, you might need a longer mount version. Jamie was really helpful!

Shrike

by Shrike

@jih if I can't recreate shinzo's faceplate effort then I might take you up on that. Reckon you should Kickstart it anyway, you don't really have any competitors right now. Rare to have a niche to yourself!

Shrike

by Shrike

@shinzo which mount did you use, the streamlined 2.0 or older version?
https://shop.cyclingtips.com/collections/fetha

shinzomaeda

by shinzomaeda

I got the older version. Didn't know there was a newer one to be honest.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Shrike

by Shrike

Nice thanks, appreciate it!