Lets see your S5 Garmin mount solutions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

thumper88

by thumper88

Shrike wrote:@thumper

lost me a bit there. Either you're contradicting yourself, misunderstanding the conversation, or I'm reading you wrong.

I think everyone with an S5 wants to mount their computer as parallel to the ground as possible, in the way pros do. No-one is looking for a mount that sticks out in the air in front.

We can't do that with the S5 bars. That's the issue. The barfly definitely does not come anywhere close to this position. The Barfly is probably worse aerodynamically that just strapping the Q mount to the front edge of your Cervelo aero bars. As a couple of us are doing at present. I just sold my Barfly this morning.

The one in this photo looks fine. The one mounted into the top holes on the stem in various photos is a drag chute. Then there is the HTFU one... the photo angle may be deceiving me but that extremely long, flat mount looks like it's angled up, which is criminal.... Really of the options pictured in the thread, only the one in your photo is a faster, cleaner setup.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

1415chris

by 1415chris

Sigma Sport have got BarFly mount back in stock £31.
I gave it a go, will see how it looks like with the Garmin on.
If I do not like it they provide 90 days UK free returns.

And arrived

I was hoping that gopro mount would be included, it was not ....
If anywone knows where to get it from please share.
I cannot stand silver bolts, will replace them with black ones.

KarlC

by KarlC

That Bar Fly mount looks really good

Some how I missed this thread, I got my $50 knock off Cervelo bars back in 2015, back them I just used a Garmin stem mount on the front of the bar. These are by far the best bars I have had, Really stiff, very comfortable, they suit my TMR01 well and not to heavy. I just wish I could find a -17 square looking stem to match the frame and bars.

I need to update my photos as my stem is all black and slammed now...

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

geeveetee

by geeveetee

KarlC wrote:That Bar Fly mount looks really good

Some how I missed this thread, I got my $50 knock off Cervelo bars back in 2015, back them I just used a Garmin stem mount on the front of the bar. These are by far the best bars I have had, Really stiff, very comfortable, they suit my TMR01 well and not to heavy. I just wish I could find a -17 square looking stem to match the frame and bars.

The Giro Fizik Cyrano has the look you want:

http://www.fizik.com/us_en/stem-r1.html

I opted for the -20 version on my S5. Check out the up/down-angled, forward-facing face plate bolts, which are ideal for use with the S5 handlebar. *Much* easier to get a torque wrench on there.
--GT

1415chris

by 1415chris

And after bolts upgrade with GoPro mount (bought separately)

Shrike

by Shrike

Nice on Chris, that looks class blacked out 8)

hongsj

by hongsj

Bar fly.

kansukee

by kansukee

jih wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:43 am
I designed and printed my own...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om8t1QeNfD4&t=5s

(appols for sideways video - shot quickly on phone - have a newer/better version now)
Sharp.
Last edited by kansukee on Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

kansukee

by kansukee

jih wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:43 am
I designed and printed my own...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om8t1QeNfD4&t=5s

(appols for sideways video - shot quickly on phone - have a newer/better version now)
So, I would be very interested in buying one of these from you for a Garmin 810 in combo form so I can use a gopro type device as well!