Lets see your S5 Garmin mount solutions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

shinzomaeda

by shinzomaeda

No worries, I'll try to get another pic tonight, when home :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

I have the basic 1/4 lock on my aero bars, I wrap the bands around the bar in front of the stem. Works ok but after a better solution.

The stem bolt mounts look like the tidiest option.

Do you think the Enve Garmin mount would work? All depends on the width of the stem bolts I guess. Is there an industry standard?
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Shrike

by Shrike

So!

Bar Fly mount arrived last night. Useless. No clearance for it with a Zipp stem. You'd need the original FSA stem which is quite skinny for it to work. Selling it if anyone wants. It didn't even come with the light mount accessory either. JEDI said that's because they ordered it in from Cervelo and not Bar Fly.

Shot an email off to Fetha with some pictures this morning, hoping he can recommend something specifically. Shinzo never did come back with a pic of Fetha on his S5 so still have never seen this done before.

1415chris

by 1415chris

Shame, I do not use FSA stem as well. Will have a look how it compares to 3T ARX II.
So far only Sigma Sport added this mount to their offerings although it will be available in 2 months time...

shinzomaeda

by shinzomaeda

Shrike wrote:So!

Bar Fly mount arrived last night. Useless. No clearance for it with a Zipp stem. You'd need the original FSA stem which is quite skinny for it to work. Selling it if anyone wants. It didn't even come with the light mount accessory either. JEDI said that's because they ordered it in from Cervelo and not Bar Fly.

Shot an email off to Fetha with some pictures this morning, hoping he can recommend something specifically. Shinzo never did come back with a pic of Fetha on his S5 so still have never seen this done before.

Sorry, got busy then honestly forgot! Apologies, will do so later!!

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Simple Garmin 1/4 turn mount on stem:

wingguy

by wingguy

1415chris wrote:So far only Sigma Sport added this mount to their offerings although it will be available in 2 months time...

We just had 6 arrive in our shop, three sold already. Pretty sure they came with all the different mounts too.

Shrike

by Shrike

Had an exchange with Zipp earlier - they're saying you invalidate your warranty if you use a faceplate mount on their stem as it may not hold the bars properly. I think they're being overly cautious there and it should be okay, told them I didn't have much choice really :P

Some measurements if anyone's ever searching this thread and wondering about bolt spacing on particular stems

From centre to centre of bolts:
Zipp Course stem - 27mm
Zipp SL Course stem - 27mm
Zipp SL Speed stem - 33mm

Can use those to order a Fetha. Still waiting on a reply from them. Sent off pics earlier to see if their mounts are really long enough for this. I think you need about 11cm from faceplate bolt to the top end of the quarter lock to fit just a Garmin 520. Quite a bit more for a 1000. That's pretty long when you think of it!

shinzomaeda

by shinzomaeda

shinzomaeda

by shinzomaeda

shinzomaeda

by shinzomaeda

My Fetha stem mount, mounted off the top bolts, with a GoPro mount underneath.

Shrike

by Shrike

Thanks Shinzo, about as good a setup as you can get if you want a dual mount :P

shinzomaeda

by shinzomaeda

Shrike wrote:Thanks Shinzo, about as good a setup as you can get if you want a dual mount :P

I think so, will be changing these bars over soon to more traditional round bars, big will still use the Fetha mount system. Really happy with it!

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

I recently found rec-mounts via instagram. Haven't tried them personally, but they look good to me. There are also other options for other bars and computers. https://www.rec-mounts.com/products/cervelo/garmin/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

glam2deaf wrote:I recently found rec-mounts via instagram. Haven't tried them personally, but they look good to me. There are also other options for other bars and computers. https://www.rec-mounts.com/products/cervelo/garmin/

Horrendous looking bit of kit!

Out-front also aren't as aero as stem mounted, this has been proven in a wind tunnel:smartass: