SuperSixEvo HiMod 2016 vs 2017?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

micky

by micky

Very much appreciated, thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DeLuz

by DeLuz

I have a non-Himod I bought about a year ago, removed all the Shimano 105 parts and ebayed them and replaced with Campa Chorus, really love the bike.
Is there really a difference between Himod and standard in the ride besides a few grams?

wingguy

by wingguy

DeLuz wrote:I have a non-Himod I bought about a year ago, removed all the Shimano 105 parts and ebayed them and replaced with Campa Chorus, really love the bike.
Is there really a difference between Himod and standard in the ride besides a few grams?

If you bought it a year ago it would be the old frame design, right? In which case there would be quite a difference between either the new HiMod or non HiMod.

octave

by octave

wingguy wrote:
DeLuz wrote:I have a non-Himod I bought about a year ago, removed all the Shimano 105 parts and ebayed them and replaced with Campa Chorus, really love the bike.

If you bought it a year ago it would be the old frame design, right? In which case there would be quite a difference between either the new HiMod or non HiMod.

if it is a 2016 or earlier standard mod evo, then compared to the 2016 and newer hi-mod evo, it is completely different. the 2017 standard mod evo now has the same frame shapes as the current 2016 and newer hi-mod, just with different carbon and thus higher weight... as far as ride goes, i have no idea how similar/dissimilar the new standard mod and new hi-mod are. i actually still haven't ridden my new 2016 hi-mod, as i am waiting for parts to rebuild it!

o