SRAM red exogram crank with force 1

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Wayne17

by Wayne17

Hi all
I currently have a sram red exogram 10 speed 53/39 130mm bcd crankset and would like to go to force 1x11. Can I just put a x sync 11speed 52 tooth 130 mm bcd chainring onto my sram red crank would it fit and work ok? Anyone done it?

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

It's gonna sit a little outboard of centered so better chainline in the higher gears and worse chainline in the lower than a 1x spider & ring or direct mount ring would be. This could be okay or could be too much and cause excess wear in the largest two cogs. Depends on your bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wayne17

by Wayne17

So the x sync chainring will fit, but might cause excess wear on the two largest cogs on the cassette . This should not be a major problem as I live in Suffolk and it is quiet flat around here so I hardly use the lowest gears. Many thanks for you help

TimmS

by TimmS

Not a problem at all!
The tooth of the cx1 chain ring are offset to the inside for a correct chainline.

Though most aftermarket chainrings like wolftooth don't have this offset.

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

TimmS wrote:Not a problem at all!
The tooth of the cx1 chain ring are offset to the inside for a correct chainline.

Though most aftermarket chainrings like wolftooth don't have this offset.

I thought I remembered reading this so I went on a search for confirmation and couldn't find it. Thanks for confirming.