Fast, light 700x20c tyres / tires?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kman

by kman

Hey guys, I need a 700x20 tyre and cannot find any for the life of me.
Veloflex Masters and Conti Supersonics used to be good options but seem to be either no longer available or if they are, it is only in bigger sizes.
All the newest light/fast tyres come in 23c as the smallest size.

I understand the current trend is wider and lower pressure blah blah blah but unfortunately the bike I'm putting these on has very minimal clearance at the rear and I need a 20c tyre.

Any suggestions are appreciated, bonus points if you can provide a link. I've tried searching but most threads are at least a couple of years old.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa

TeslaOsiris

by TeslaOsiris

I honestly don't know of any company that makes anything below 23c...you might be out of luck. Time for a new bike!

Sent from my HTC 2PST2 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

budgetweenie

by budgetweenie

kman

by kman

Well, I do already have two track bikes but the one in question is a custom built frame with Columbus Max tubing and is a blast to ride. It will probably be buried beside me when I die!

Thanks for the links budgetweenie. Best options so far.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa

vejnemojnen

by vejnemojnen

http://bike24.com has quite a lot 20c tyres, and I believe, they will ship to australia.

you can check other german sites as well (bike-discount.de) or (bike-components.de)

Antoine

by Antoine

Plenty available there but I don't know how much the shipping will cost from France

http://www.probikeshop.com/en/au/road/wheels-tyres-tyres-c55.html

kman

by kman

Excellent, thankyou!
-- Frank Zappa

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com