Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:29 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 4:43 pm
Posts: 5415
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed
kfreytag wrote:
Image

Put some compact rollers on there and hot dog it. That will ensure discipline in your training.


Top
   
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:07 pm 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:36 am
Posts: 223
On the plus side...opportunity to repaint and try something new??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
2014 Parlee Z-Zero DADi2 & ENVE (6.2kg)
2015 Colnago C60 RSWH Campag Chorus & Mavic SLR (c.7kg)


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:42 pm
Posts: 286
Location: Oakland, CA
greentimgreen wrote:
On the plus side...opportunity to repaint and try something new??

There is always that, though I'm awfully fond of the color and logotype. It's simple.

_________________
Life's too short to ride clinchers.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc


Last edited by kfreytag on Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:42 pm
Posts: 286
Location: Oakland, CA
KWalker wrote:
I can show ya some local trails that might change that!

I'll take that. Right now, I've only got a 'cross bike, but I bet I can borrow a mtn. bike

wojchiech wrote:
grind down that bolt guide on the mast (and the rear for that matter if you've already got your dremel out), drill a hole through the post below that lower cradle inset and use a bolt yoke insert similar to what's on some two bolt zero setback posts. You might have to use longer bolts but you wouldn't have to bin the whole part. :thumbup:

Drill through the cradle? Got an image to which to point?

alcatraz wrote:
Where was the little broken off piece when you entered the room?
Is it consistent with the theory?

Yeah. It was on the "altar" right below the crank.

HammerTime2 wrote:
kfreytag wrote:
Image

Put some compact rollers on there and hot dog it. That will ensure discipline in your training.

Love it!

_________________
Life's too short to ride clinchers.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:30 pm
Posts: 5814
Location: Bay Area
I wouldn't paint that bike, love the color in real life. Pops with a classic car/lowrider vibe.

_________________
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:42 pm
Posts: 286
Location: Oakland, CA
KWalker wrote:
I wouldn't paint that bike, love the color in real life. Pops with a classic car/lowrider vibe.

Thanks! (I think)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

_________________
Life's too short to ride clinchers.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:30 pm
Posts: 5814
Location: Bay Area
That's a complement for sure! These days with all the high viz and elaborate schemes being the norm something simple and classic is more powerful IMO

_________________
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:16 am
Posts: 52
KWalker wrote:
That's a complement for sure! These days with all the high viz and elaborate schemes being the norm something simple and classic is more powerful IMO

I agree love that candy red . Pops really nice in the sun.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:42 pm
Posts: 286
Location: Oakland, CA
Thanks @plag and @Kwalker. This one's a keeper. Round tubes and rim brakes may not be the latest tech, but I absolutely love this bike. It climbs and descends beautifully. The only problem is that it's so much bike that I feel like I've got to pass everybody I see lest I be labeled a Fred. Keeps me in shape!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

_________________
Life's too short to ride clinchers.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:43 pm
Posts: 204
Location: Los Angeles, California
kfreytag wrote:
Thanks @plag and @Kwalker. This one's a keeper. Round tubes and rim brakes may not be the latest tech, but I absolutely love this bike. It climbs and descends beautifully. The only problem is that it's so much bike that I feel like I've got to pass everybody I see lest I be labeled a Fred. Keeps me in shape!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Hey, look out. I resemble that statement! My name's Fred! :D

_________________
Oldbie


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:42 pm
Posts: 286
Location: Oakland, CA
Asteroid wrote:
Hey, look out. I resemble that statement! My name's Fred! :D

Oops. Poseur?

No offense intended. What's the etymology of that, anyway? Anybody know?

_________________
Life's too short to ride clinchers.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 4:43 pm
Posts: 5415
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed
Asteroid wrote:
kfreytag wrote:
Thanks @plag and @Kwalker. This one's a keeper. Round tubes and rim brakes may not be the latest tech, but I absolutely love this bike. It climbs and descends beautifully. The only problem is that it's so much bike that I feel like I've got to pass everybody I see lest I be labeled a Fred. Keeps me in shape!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Hey, look out. I resemble that statement! My name's Fred! :D
I thought it was Sam.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:16 am
Posts: 52
Do you have pics of your bike outside in the sun?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:23 am
Posts: 594
Location: Olympic Nat'l Park, WA
A black topper wouldn't at all kill the aesthetic.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:42 pm
Posts: 286
Location: Oakland, CA
plag wrote:
Do you have pics of your bike outside in the sun?

I do! I've attached a few since Flickr is not playing nice today.


Attachments:
parlee.jpg
parlee.jpg [ 7.25 KiB | Viewed 455 times ]
parlee2.jpg
parlee2.jpg [ 6.54 KiB | Viewed 455 times ]
parlee3.jpg
parlee3.jpg [ 6.77 KiB | Viewed 455 times ]
parlee4.jpg
parlee4.jpg [ 6.77 KiB | Viewed 455 times ]

_________________
Life's too short to ride clinchers.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc
Top
   
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:07 pm 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], MrRobot, Narrowbars and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited