Ciamillo OG-05 Ti with Zipp 303s?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nvroadie

by nvroadie

Hello Weight Weenies,

I am building a sub 6kg CAAD10, and am going to use Ciamillo 0G-05 brakes, and was wondering if they are wide enough for use with Zipp rims (25mm wide). I also have some 21mm wide wheels, and am wondering how hard it is to switch between wheels.

nvroadie
Last edited by nvroadie on Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blueturtle

by blueturtle

I do not think that the ciamillo brake calipers will open wide enough to give you the clearance you require.However you have two options, 1) purchase new shallow fitting brake pad holders.(these were produced by Ciamillo so that the brakes could be used with the modern trend of wider rims. These are not cheap. 2nd. option is to take a 1mm or 2mm off the brake pads, to give you the required clearance.I did it this way when fitting Ciamillo brakes to Enve 3.4 rims. After one season i still have plenty of life left in the pads.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nvroadie

by nvroadie

I think that filing down the pads or modifying some pad holders sounds like a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marin

by Marin

My OGs work fine with the normal pad holders, and I didn't even need the low profile ones.

With the low profile holders the Ciamillos should work with up to 26mm rims IIRC.

nvroadie

by nvroadie

Marin wrote:My OGs work fine with the normal pad holders, and I didn't even need the low profile ones.

With the low profile holders the Ciamillos should work with up to 26mm rims IIRC.

Thanks for the feedback

KC

by KC

The latest Micros were engineered to also be able to easily switch between the wide rims and say a narrow pair of ksyriums that you might use for training. The GSL's and Micros have the best stopping power btw. The older 05's are a little softer

nvroadie

by nvroadie

How are the 0G-Ti calipers?

cep111

by cep111

nvroadie wrote:How are the 0G-Ti calipers?

The older 05's are about 10-12 years old. Ted has improved the design and continues to refine it every year. I agree the GSL's and Micro's are the strongest. The design really started improving with the introduction of the Zero G which came after the OG Ti series. With carbon braking surfaces you need all the power you can get. I love the GSL's and Micros. I have several sets and have been using their stuff since they first came out.

nvroadie

by nvroadie

I think I need to do this properly and get some GSLs. Thanks to all for the advice!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HvdS

by HvdS

Don't buy from Ciamillo. He is a thief. He stole 930 dollar from me.