Scott foil '16

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TeslaOsiris

by TeslaOsiris

The bike won Paris Roubaix... It's hard to argue against that. Matt Hayman was riding 28 tubs, so it obviously has enough tire clearance to accommodate a wider tire which would solve a lot of comfort issues. I know two Tri coaches who have Foils and love them. The only criticism I have of the bike is the BB mounted rear brake...real pain to live with day-to-day.

Sent from my HTC 2PST2 using Tapatalk

banik69

by banik69

Everything it's ok then.
After 15-20 days will be mine.

Ultegra 6800-6810 groupset
Dtswiss 32 clincher & Ffwd f4r dt240s

I have also San Marco regale saddle and bontrager blade bar unfortunately with red details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lieblingsleguan

by Lieblingsleguan

Those wheelsets are very similar in height. Why no f6r?

banik69

by banik69

Lieblingsleguan wrote:Those wheelsets are very similar in height. Why no f6r?

Mmmmm I had them from my previous bike, of course now I want-need a pair from 50-60mm profile for aero setup.

banik69

by banik69

Here we are

addict

by addict

Congrats! Do you feel enough stiffness at the rear?

banik69

by banik69

Few pics but not 100% ready....

madik

by madik

Looking forward to the disc version of the Foil. Its one of the potential candidate for my next bike. But it will be difficult to beat the Aeroad face to face when it comes to price and overall package..
Functionality > Performance > Weight

Delorre

by Delorre

madik wrote:Looking forward to the disc version of the Foil. Its one of the potential candidate for my next bike. But it will be difficult to beat the Aeroad face to face when it comes to price and overall package..

Yep, but the geometry of both bikes is not the same. Aeroad has a lot shorter headtube, so, lower stack. The Canyon cockpit with something like -10° angle only adds to the already agressive riding position.

ab01ns

by ab01ns

Did you have any issues with installing the power2max and the built in chain catcher, or any clearance issues at all. I've been told that they're know to exist, I wanted to ask someone running it.
20% cyclist/80% J.I.T

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

That rear brake bums me out. Not even the brake so much as the quick release on the cable in front of the headtube. Weird that they didn't come up with a sleeker solution since this brake is al.ost exclusively used on aero bikes.

wingguy

by wingguy

stormur wrote:
Fiery wrote:I see 67 mm BB drop on the geometry chart, so if anything the BB is a bit high.

I wasn't precise enough ;) : Bottom bracket height is low ( not even one word about bb drop ! ) Overall bike feels "low" and measurements shows clearly ( 2 bikes side to side ) it is noticeably lower than Ridley Helium SL.

You were precise enough, you were just wrong. If both bikes have got 700c wheels and the same size tyres then BB drop directly correlates to BB height. How could it not?

And as mentioned, the Foil BB is ever so slightly on the high side, compared to pretty much anything that isn't a Ridley. A mm or so higher than a Cervelo, a Madone, a Venge, a Supersix Evo, 2mm higher than the SLR01 the OP had been riding, loads higher than an Argon18 and finally, higher than that paragon of bicycle geometry the Colnago C60 Traditional.

banik69

by banik69

No no any issues about clearance with chain catcher or arm with rear brake...

I will upload photos with that.
My only personal issue is about saddle, uncomfortable as hell....
I am thinking about prologo scratch 2

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

I'm pretty happy with mine. With wrong wheels, no chain, no crankset it was exactly 6,02kg.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

banik69

by banik69

TurboKoo wrote:Image

I'm pretty happy with mine. With wrong wheels, no chain, no crankset it was exactly 6,02kg.

Very nice build, I like it...
What crank ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com