Handlebars designed for shift levers?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BiaNeutron

by BiaNeutron

Perhaps this question has been covered before.

So I have a habit of building my road bikes once a frame is bought. One of them has FSA Omega compact bars with 105 STI shifters. The other has Chorus shifters on FSA Energy compact bars. I think the FSA compact bars were designed with the STI shifters in mind. Wondering if there is a style or brand of bar that has the Ergo shifters in mind. I think the Ergo levers could fit on a bar with a longer reach than the FSA for example. I've not tried Deda bars yet and being Italian, I wonder if they go well together.

victorduraace

by victorduraace

Classic drop bars with Campy ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

BiaNeutron wrote:I've not tried Deda bars yet and being Italian, I wonder if they go well together.

FSA are also Italian. It depends on the bar model as much as the manufacturer tbh
Last edited by Zakalwe on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Anatomical bars seem to be a love/hate thing. I've used Deda anatomical bars of several of my most recent builds. They are light, priced right, and match very well with Campy shifters, allowing a flat transition to the top.

I'd post a picture, but it's too much of a pain on this site. You'll have to take my word for it.

This is what I mean http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/deda-newton-31-anatomical-31-7-handlebars/#pid=8389
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM