Ritchey wheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tubby16

by Tubby16

I'm interested in buying the new zeta superlogic wheelset but there is not many reviews about the reliability and problems with Ritchey wheels, have anyone had any bad/good views?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

I was looking at this wheelset at the beggining of the year and as you said I couldn't find too much info, the everything except the rim seems to be the same as the other wheelsets that they offer which I only heard good things. The big problem is that no one knows if the black ceramic coating is going to hold up as good as Exaliths or they are going to come out as on some Shamals. Take a look at the new wheelset that DT is offering with this same coating.

mrtkcmz

by mrtkcmz

hi,

I am using RİTCHEY WCS APEX CARBON 60 mm longer than a year and I am very satisfied. They are hand build. coming with a signature of the builder and the tolerances of the both wheels. I used them both on road and climbing and also descending. still keeping true after 2000 km. happy user here.

Tubby16

by Tubby16

I'm still running a 10sp on my bike so I was hoping to keep the weight down which I liked even though one website had the Ritchey's weighing in at 1433gm, I have the Mavic krysirum elites which I liked, even thought about going carbon, Mavic seems to have the "best" heat resistant resins on the market. Heard anything about xentis wheels? Trying to decide which way to go.

eric01

by eric01

I bought a pair this past summer when I sent my Zipp wheel in for recall.

IMHO, a solid wheelset. Feature wise, its ticks the boxes: sort of wide rim, coated rims (I forgot what they call it now... keronite?), reasonably light for a alloy clincher. Price wise, its very good. I compared against the Mavic's Ksyrium Exalith and Campy's Shamal Mille. They were much higher in cost.

Out of the box they were quite true and slightly higher than advertised weight. Presumably due to mfg tolerances and the inclusion of rim strips.

Fitted with Continental tires and latex tires, they ride quite well. Not as good as my tubular zipps, but that's an apples to orange comparison. Braking is awesome. Definitely better than my carbon wheels.

Only gripe I have is the rubber hub ends. They look a little cheap.

I recommend them. Good bang for the buck. These now have a permanent home on my inclement weather bike.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

Tubby16

by Tubby16

Great looking wheels, now if Ritchey could do the same.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com